Just wondering How many rods are too many

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SHARON FLEMING, Feb 7, 2007.

1. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Well I just got back from atrip to WallMart and I can't believe that George bought 2 more rods and 2 more reels. I believe it is all JD's fault, we ran into him while we were there and he just had to tell PRB what a good sell they had on rods. I just can't let them go out to play any more, One thing about it is that if any thing happens to those two
    Kathy and I can open a used tackle shop and not have to buy supplies for 3 years. Oh yeah on JDs last day off they bought 2 more rods for Geprge on EBAY HOW MANY RODS ARE TOO MANY??

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    From my perspective you can never have enough:smile2: .

3. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    I'll let you know when I find out. I'm up to 16 rod & reel combos right now, and still ordering more!

4. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Perfect marital bliss is achieved when the number of rods equal the pairs of female shoes,lipsticks,compacts etc .There are just some things you can't have enough of regardless of whether you are male or female.That is why no matter how many bathing suits a woman has,she is always looking for that "perfect" one which flatters her figure( which means contains all of her figure) and is "RIGHT" for her.Same with rods!!!!:big_smile: :lol: By the way have any of you men ever seen a woman in a bathing suit???:eek:oooh: :smile2: NOT me NO SIr not in my entire lifetime.When they find the perfect suit and go to the pool or beach with it on they NEVER come out of the dressing room with it exposed.Think about it.They all come out wrapped in a TOWEL because they know every one will be looking and on second thought what looked good in the dressing room MIGHT not look so good in public!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.I have seen whole families of mothers and daughters all come out wrapped in identical towels which leads me to believe that they should search for the PERFECT TOWEL because no one evers sees their suit!:big_smile: :lol: :eek:oooh: :smile2: :cool2:

5. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well... I live in Missouri and there is a 3 pole limit here.

That means I can have 3 poles for crappie and bait
    3 poles for bass
    3 poles for eater catfish
    3 poles for big catfish from a boat
    3 poles for big catfish from the bank
    and 3 poles for hybrids and stripers

So for Missouri you only need 18 :big_smile_2:

6. Gunner-Fisherman

Gunner-Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have 65 rods and reels and extra 29 reels with no rods... To me that is not enough, but my wife says that 64 to many!

So i guess it is just what you want...!

7. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    You could add gar fishing, that's three more, carp fishing, three more there, and buffalo fishing, another three. Then, there's bream fishing (for eating, not bait) three there too. Now you have permission to go buy 12 more, make that even more if you are planning a trip to the salt any time soon.:lol: :lol: :lol:

8. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I cut it down as much as possible. My eater cat rods can be used for carp, drum, buffalo, and gar.
    As for rods to catch eater bream, well... I don't like fish, but I can use the bait/crappie rods for those too.

I was in Mississippi for November and the first half of December, and the big cat bank rods worked woderfully for that (heck... they are surf rods anyway).

I do need to get another set for the random fishing I do during lunch and right after work before I get home though.:lol:

However... I am not married, so I don't have some of the financial considerations that most people here have.

9. shaddaddi

shaddaddi New Member

State:
    smith mountain lake,VA
    one million and..................oh heck........................................................ add another million!!!

10. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    New addiction maybe?... I'm hooked then! :embarassed: :big_smile:

11. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    i dont think you can have to many there is so many different types of fish in the sea :big_smile: i think between me and my son we have like 28 different rods some in the house some in the garage some in the boat I even keep a couple behind the seat of my truck

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    You have to many rods and reels :what: when you start stepping on them in the boat, or when you begin to kick them overboard.:that_hurt: Enough is never enough.:big_smile_2:

13. Chris54WVa

Chris54WVa New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    My feeling is,you can never have enough.Always buying something to go fishing with.Can't seem to stop it.Just like the have plenty of everything,rods, reel, tackle,.:lol:

14. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    In my humble opinion you can never have enough R&R's:big_smile:

15. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    When I got to have a spare room to put them in and they don't fit I will give you a count LOL

16. bilyjojimbob

bilyjojimbob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Dont tell my wife but i have running accounts with catfish connection and my local bait store. too much is still no enough.

17. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    How many is to many.... well lets think about this for a minute:confused2: !!!

I guess it would be like .... Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.... There is no such thing, LOL!!!:big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile:

18. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    When I have enough to equal the clothes in my wifes closet I might be close!!

19. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    TO MANY TO MANY you can never have enuff:what:

20. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Well, after giving the matter serious thought, I have to say that it is possible to have too many rods & reels. How many is too many? Line them all up in a row. At dawn, start on foot at one end of the line; if you haven't reached the end of the line by sunset, you have too many. Extra time, powered wheelchairs, etc. will be allowed for senior citizens, disabled, etc.