Just when I thought my knee was ok.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Angelkitty, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Well I went back to work on Monday. On Wednesday I stepped down off of a stepper reaching for our drinking cups at the store. I lost my balance and landed on the wrong leg. I was hurting really bad today. So make a long story short... I cracked my knee cap and come to find out I have fluid needing to be removed for the healing to take place. My Family Doctor agreed that the Orthapedics released me to soon to go back to work. I am going to see a Surgon on Tuesday. To have the fluid removed; OUCH I hear it is gonna hurt. I thought I would share this with you all.

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Just so you share the story and not the hurt...:roll_eyes: Good luck to ya...
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Beauty is truth, truth beauty ~~Keats.

3. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Good luck ...I pray its not too painful...:oops:

4. bowfin

bowfin New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    It's not that bad if you have a good doc .I have had it done 20 to 30 times over the last 6 years.

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Prayers are sent, hope you are OK.

6. nitro

nitro New Member

State:
    Dover, TN
    I've had it done too. The procedure is'nt nearly as bad as the waiting for it to happen. Good luck. :cross:

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Get ready for the biggest dang needle ya ever seen. Don't tense up and it won't hurt as much. Hope this helps. LOL! You will be fine.

8. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dear Sister Styers;
    Patricia, if you have a good Dr, it's not nearly as bad as it sounds!
    Believe me, it can be a blessing! BTDT, more than once too!
    The trick is getting a GOOD Orthopedic person!!! That's usually the most difficult part, especially if they are a "company" Dr too!
    I'll say a Prayer for ya.:smile2:
    And, if you need to talk with someone that has been there, you know how to get ahold of me.
    Let me, and the rest of the Brothers and Sisters know how everything went. :smile2:
    Fraternally, Sincerely, and Cordially,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post and Start of Prayer]]]]]

9. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I hope everything goes well for you too. Being in pain isn't fun. Let us know how you're doing.

10. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Tricia,
    You be careful!! I'll be praying for you and Newton and the family. Sometimes, prayer is the best medicine you can have.
    Our GOD is an AWESOME GOD!!

11. Tinboat

Tinboat New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    Good Luck Trisha, we'll be praying for you.

12. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Prayers sent from New York, for a quick recovery.

13. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Prayers for you Trisha!!!!

14. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Aww that sucks. Hope it goes easy. Bow season is here too and gun season next month. Heal up quick.

15. mperry

mperry Member

State:
    Indiana
    Not trying to scare you or anything but wanting you to be careful. A friend of mine had hurt his knee once before and wound up having an anurism. He stepped off of a platform at work and ruptured it. They had to wind taking his leg off at the knee. Again not trying to scare you but I would have them check it out very good. Hope everything goes ok.

16. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Good Luck with it.I'll say a prayer for you that all will be ok.

17. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    AngelKitty I know what you are going through.I have a very painful right knee.Had recent MRI and I have a severe case of Bursites in the knee.I have to go to Orthopedics This coming Friday Morning to get a shot of steroid in my knee,also I have to get my weight down as it's putting too much pressure on my bones.Please let us hear from ya!We care alot!:smile2:

18. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    I would like to think each and everyone who has prayed for me on my knee. As of 3 p.m. Sunday, I went to the ER at 1 something and they took me on back. The Doctor called my new Orthopedic. And told him that I was in severe pain and could not strectch my leg out. And that he could remove the fluid himself.
    Well make a long story short I didn't know they had needles that long. OUCH! Is what came to my mind. LOL But they were gentle as can be even Numbed my knee.
    I can feel the difference. My knee has not bothered me today. But I still have to go to the Orthopedics in the morning. The crack in the knee is a what they call a hair line crack. Should heal right on up.
    Again thanks to all my brothers and sisters for your thoughts and prayers!

I Am Ready To Go Fishing Now! :006:

19. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

No missy, you are NOT ready to go fishin now!!!! Not without lots of care given to that knee!!! Ya gotta give it a LITTLE more time than that!!!

20. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Sorry to hear that Angel...prayers from KS