Just what is the TNR?

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by john catfish young, May 9, 2008.

1. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I know that a lot of you are familiar with the TNR , but for those of you who are not.....I want to take a few moments of your time and explain. The TNR stands for " Tuesday Night Redtails". We are made up of several BOC members who get together every Tuesday afternoon and fish. We fish all night long and into the next day. Regardless of the weather. We have fished through weather ranging from ( -0 windchills).....(severe thunderstorms)......(60 mph winds)..... (Hailstorms).....and even (Tornadoes)....and 100 degree heat.....nothing seems to deter us from our love of fishing.
    What started out as a Father (Griz) and Son (lilgriz) getting together once a week to fish and spend quality time together....has turned into a local fishing club ...so to speak. I started fishing with them in October of 07'. The first night I went fishing with them , there was a 41 lb Flathead caught. The next trip or two, there was a 47.9 lb Bluecat caught. I realized I was in with the right bunch of guys! Many of us have worked together for over 5 years now and friendships are being made. We are just a group of guys who love the outdoors and love to fish. We have fished with several other BOC members and welcome each one. The primary waters we fish are Ken lake, Barkley Lake, Energy Lake and every Tuesday you can find us at one of these places.

Here are our names:
    1.Griz
    2.lilgriz
    3.Captain Rob
    4.Chef Lou
    5.Jasper
    6.john catfish young
    7.Tailfin
    8.Cotton John
    9.Shawn from Las Vegas
    10.liljohn

Several of our members we haven't seen in a while for various reasons....but we hope to very soon! They are always welcome. So if your interested in whats going on in Western Kentucky....just check out The TNR threads. We'll keep you posted!:wink:

Attached Files:

2. john catfish young

State:
    Kentucky
    Here are some more pictures:crazy:

Attached Files:

3. john catfish young

State:
    Kentucky
    Here are a few more pictures.:crazy:

Attached Files:

4. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    That purdy much sums it up Brother John! The group got it's name from some Redtail Hawk feathers that a Birdman give us. I also used to see a Redtail Hawk flying around on the way to the lake. Haven't seen him in a while but we do see "our" Eagle quite often at Energy Lake.

Thanks for the post Brother!

5. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I think this a great thing ya'all are doing there and enjoy reading the TNR thread. Planning on joining upi with ya'all again soon

6. john catfish young

State:
    Kentucky
    Looking forward to it. Things are starting to heat up a bit. Cant wait for tuesday. I'm so ready to fish.:big_smile: