Just What Does The BOC Mean To You

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Ace, May 7, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    As for my self
    1 A place where their is a great wealth info on fishing that can found ever on the internet.
    2 It a great place to meet people from all walks of life.
    3 A place to share your point of views with others who care.
    4 It a place where race or creed or gender does not matter.
    5 Where every one can feel welcome.
    6 It is a good place to pass the time.

I could go on but I will stop here. :0a27:

:cat:

2. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    well other than the fact that when i get in the mornin the first thing i do is check the boc board. and when i get home before i kiss the ol' lady i check the boc board...and before dinner i check the boc board.....
    and before i get my shower after work i check the boc board.....
    and before i go to bed i check the boc board......
    so what does the boc mean to me?????????
    not much......lmao....:lol: :lol: :big_smile:

3. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    BOC means to one word....... FAMILY! There are disagreements, jokes, tears but always LOVE. I am a father of a 17 and 14 year old. I have seen them argue and hold each other and laugh. I would say the Brotherhood is more than an "internet site". It is a place I call Home. Best doggone folks around.

4. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    What HE said...:lol:

I'm not always late... sometimes I just don't show up.

5. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    The BOC is a place to share my love of catfishing. Its never too cold or too wet to talk catfishing with a brother. If I sit down with my wife and try to tell her about my latest breakthru or talk about the big one I put back she feigns interest and gets back to whatever she was doing before I interupted her. Having a board full of information on the sport I love gives me countless hours of enjoyment on those days when mother nature insists I take a day off. I get to listen to the tales of the one that got away and the one that didn't that someone put back. The constant reinforcement of CPR and the friendly way newcomers are welcomed in to the fraternity makes me proud to be a member.

The willingness of the membership to readily hand out useful information that they have spent years aquiring to someone who just registered that day. All of these and so much more make the BOC what it is. Thanks Paul for the asset and thanks to the power behind the BOC... the membership.

6. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Just think how the great it would be, if the world could share like the BOC .......steve.

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    i Totolly Agree With Everthing That Was Said.don't Really Think I Could Say Anything Better Than What Hasn't All Ready Been Said. Just One Big Fishing Family.

8. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I would have to agree with what everyone said and to add that you can sit there with another member that you may have never met but you start talking imeadiatly and for the most part "know" this person. You can joke and get down with the BOC brothers/sisters without having ever meeting them yet. I just got back from the Ohio gathering yesterday had a great time and met some of the brothers even tho I didnt catch any I still had a great time just talking and gabbing with my "friends".

9. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ernest and Ron, good writing, I agree with you and the others.

10. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I've only been on here a little while, but I am already obsessed with the BOC. Everyday, the first thing I do when I get online, before even opening email or anything is get on here and see what's going on. It's a great place to talk fishing with people, not only catfishing, but all fishing. It's a very friendly environment, nobody talks bad about anybody else and we are all just happy to be sharing such great information. Other sites that I had subscribed to would become filled with flamers and trolls that would get on just to irritate others. It also helps to relieve my itch to go fishing if I can't go at that time. If I got fishing on my mind, which is quite often, and I can't grab my gear and hit the water, I will get on here and read others stories and tips and try and contribute as much as I can.

11. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The BOC to me is everything that has been said here already, and more. Plus, I have seen alot of people sharing there problems and the BOC family always comes to the rescue. The BOC is one BIG Family.

12. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    To me, the BOC is Family members sharing themselves with others.

13. milesej05

milesej05 Active Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Name:
    Eric
    Old Thread, and sick of seeing BOC everywhere. What does it mean??

14. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Why did you respond if your sick of being here and seeing the boc?
    Brotherhood Of Catfishermen. Original name of site and still called that.

15. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Could ask before you make a ignorant statement about the heritage of the site on a 9 year old thread when we were the BOC ,,Never cared for the name change to the usca myself,,,, Live on the BOC OR BROTHERHOOD OF CATFISHERMAN

16. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Dale I agree with you it will always be the boc to me also. Site has been good to many people over the years.

17. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Welcome to the BOC.

Mutt likes this.
  18. CatBassin'

CatBassin' Well-Known Member

State:
    Harmony, NC
    Name:
    Garrett
    I've got to agree, I liked BOC better. Just had a nice ring to it.

19. scout

scout Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I agree also. Long live the BOC.

20. milesej05

milesej05 Active Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Name:
    Eric
    Sorry, did not mean for it to come off ignorant. What I should have put was "Old Thread, and sick of seeing BOC everywhere and not knowing what it means. What does it mean??