JUST WANTING TO KNOW

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by KATTERMAN, Aug 31, 2009.

1. KATTERMAN

KATTERMAN New Member

State:
    OKLA
    went fishing for flats last night in my spot where i normley catch one leaving a deep hole,but last night i caught a 22lb blue he was gut hook so i decided to eat him,the only place i had to put him on a stringer was right where i was fishing,i fished whenin about 5' from fish on stringer never got a bite in 3 hrs,was wonder have any of you ever caught a fish while fishing by a stringer you had fish on,oh and where i was fishing right against the bank in 4' of water,

2. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    nope never have but you could have cut your line and leave the hook in and released it.unless it was bleeding to bad.:wink:

3. I would be curious to know if a Cat would be weary to bite if right next to a stringer.

sTRICTLY Catfish

4. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I dont keep stringers, but if I did I would put it far away from where I was fishing.

5. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    I dont see whjy they wouldnt bite shoot trotlines have hooks sometimes only 3 to 5 foot apart ..

6. KATTERMAN

KATTERMAN New Member

State:
    OKLA
    he was'nt bleeding,but i figured he would have died,do you think they will make it if gut hooked,i always keep my blues and channels to eat and turn my flats back unless they weigh 10 or less,but this blue i would of because of his size if i thought he would have made it

7. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    yeah as long as there wasnt alot of bleeding normally the hook will rust out,work itself out,or the fish will get it swallowed and actually pass it.just make sure you cut the line close to the hook as you can,you dont want alot of line hanging out of his mouth to get hung on something.You know just little things like that to give him a little bit better chance,catfish are pretty tough fish so as long as you can get them back in the water without alot of blood loss they stand a good chance of making it ok.:wink:

8. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    They'll bite next to a stringer. They don't know what it is. For all they know, that fish is just hanging out close the bank. How about this? One time, we had some fish on a stringer. The bank was very steep, so we had a long rope on the stringer. I was by the stinger. I had reeled in my bait, but left it in the water by the bank while I cut some new bait up. I ended up catching one of the fish on the stringer! Talk about a mess to untangle.

9. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    ^^^LOL

Ive enver had a problem catchin by my stringer, but id otn even take a stringer much anymore, if its too big to go in the basket it goes back in the water