just wanted to say.....Thank you

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by bw69r, Jan 25, 2010.

1. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    as some know i was in the hospital for 5 days due to a blood clot in my leg. just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the kind words, well wishes, and prayers. they were all much appreciated.

2. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Thanks for the report Brian.We been a wondering where you were,Get Well Brother and God Bless,J.D.

3. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    didn't know that you were in the hospital, must have missed that post. anyway hope all is good now will keep you in prayer

4. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Brian, glad you're back and doing better. Are you now on warfarin?
    My wife had a blood clot in her leg and pelvic area when she was 38, almost killed her.

5. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Well, glad ya made it thru that, if they break off and get in a lung they can be painful, or get in your heart and kill ya.

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Brian its good to hear you have that all behind you. Wishing you a speedy and full recovery.

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Glad to see you're back,Brian.

8. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    Glad to see you back Brian....

9. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Never cared for hospitals and certain you've had your share by now. Glad your back and posting again. Take care.

10. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    Dayton i am on warfarin and i also had to give myself shots in the stomach of something called lovenox. wasn't real thrilled about that at all but it was either that or stay in the hospital another 2-3 days hooked up to an i.v. of heprin and take the warfarin and still end up having to do the shots or start the shots and get out sooner. i choose the shots. took last one monday morning and hope i don't have to do that again. my stomach is all bruised up after 9 days of that twice a day. actually was 4 shots a day for awhile as the only place that had it only had the right dose if i took 2 shots to equal 1. they finally got the right dose ones in eventually. feel like a pin cushion right about now though. LOL!!!!!

11. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Brian, I've talked to others that has had to come off warfarin for surgery and switched to lovenox. They also mention the bad bruising from the shots and about giving the shots at home. So far in the last 18 years I haven't needed any more surgery or needed to stop warfarin. But I'm having dental apical surgery next week. The endodontics said I'd have to come off warfarin 5 days before but I refused. I told him I would lower my warfarin to the low side of control, I do my own warfarin testing. He finally agreed to that and said he could handle the bleeding.
    They didn't have lovenox back when wife had clots, she was on heparin at the hospital and switched to warfarin before coming home. She spent 21 days in the hospital, had three surgeries and continued warfarin for almost a year. The doctors said she would have probably have blood clots again but so far no more problems. She has taken aspirin ever since.
    Take care of your self and we wish you the best.

12. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    Dayton i hope your dental stuff goes smooth for ya buddy. yeah the bruising from the shots is pretty nasty but the shots themselves are relatively painless. i hate needles and would have never thought in a million years i would be giving myself shots let alone in the stomach. but ya gotta do what ya have to i guess.