Just too cold to go out

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ncfowler, Dec 6, 2006.

1. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    as I get older the cold weather cuts a little deeper, chills a little longer, takes me longer to warm up usualy around mid summer, I am a dieheart waterfowler, and will go out in any temp, but get me in the boat fishing when the weather is cold , it will chill me to the bone, even when i where my waterfowl gear, so in the time i can't fish i clean, and organize my tackle box,
    I don't know about you all, i get a real joy in cleaning my reels and getting my tackle just right, by the time i'm ready to stop fishing my tackle box is a real mess with hooks that are in the wrong compartment, or with leftover of a knot, my reels, rod handles and seats are covered with shad scales, even after i wash off them off after every outing, shad scales must have superglue on them or something. it takes me forever to clean them off. Before waterfowl season I clean my boat and it never fail that there is hooks in places i never knew existed, When did i lose that hook, or where did that shad come from, well anyway I can't wait for the weather get a little warmer on a sunny day so i can get out even just for a little while.

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I can relate to that "gettin' older 'n' colder" crap... wish I could afford to go south for the winter...:wink:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    I believe that our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become.

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Hey I got an idea!!!!!

While you are duck hunting drop a line or 2 in the water while you wait!!!
    Dress warmer and go fishin anyway, LOL!!!

4. just cats

just cats New Member

State:
    Leslie Missouri
    It's a fact, we get older and the cold gets colder,the summer sun gets hotter, the hills get steeper( some of them turn into mountains) ,the aches and pains come more often and stay longer, sleep gets to be more of a priority,our bones begin to show signs of wear, our bodies start to sag here and there, not gonna go into details about that......... but if we are lucky it aint all bad is it guys and gals. We gain other things as we lose some things. We develop a deeper appreciation of what matters, things like friends and family, especially our life partners , and our kids and of course , if we are really lucky, our grandkids. Most of us learn to be a little more tolerant, a little more at peace with things, a little less critical of our fellow man. A little better at seeing and understanding our humble place on this planet, and being content with that. We learn to take one day at a time.We learn how to ride out the storms and keep things in perspective. So all in all, I think it's a pretty fair trade off, what do you think?

5. just cats

just cats New Member

State:
    Leslie Missouri
    Don't work John, not for me anyway. When I'm watching the sky the fish will be biting and when I'm watching my poles the ducks will be coming in. Fish 1...Ducks 1.......me 0. :big_smile:

6. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    i can't relate to the getting older, but thanks for the warning. as far as the getting colder part...it is getting CHILLY up here in the midwest!

7. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Don`t worry you will find out looking back it seem like it was only yesterday that i was young:big_smile:

8. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Jack, you said it all. Fits like a glove.

9. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Darn right it is cold -4 here right now brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

10. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Did someone say COLD? I'm ready to do some ice fishing!!!:cool2: :big_smile:

11. Deacon

Deacon New Member

State:
    Bostic, NC
    I've tried that ice fishing with a few of my brother-in-laws in Wisconsin. Seems all we did was stand around a lil hole in the ice and drink beer.... :eek:oooh:

12. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Cold didnt always bother me. I liked it,fishing on new ice,skiing, liked it all. But I think it was about when I hit 40 I had a change of heart. I was just wondering when it hit the rest of y'all.smokey

13. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The next day...:eek:oooh:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Remember: You don't stop laughing because you grow
    old. You grow old because you stop laughing.

14. gofish

gofish New Member

State:
    Greenville MS
    And the problem with that was.......? :big_smile: :roll_eyes: :cool2:

15. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    The way I figure it is; If you can brave the elements to kill a duck or goose, you can go fishin, LOL!!!

I guess I am a little different than most..... I hate summer and love winter. Cause in the winter I can dress warm and summertime I can't always take off enough clothes to get cool, without getting arrested, LOL!!!

16. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    The thing I hate about the cold is my joints don't work as well. Tieing a knot in fish line can be quite frustrating!
    Bill

17. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    man, you cant say it any better than that,thanks:smile2:

18. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    My little Mexican/American dog is now wearing his sweater in the house, AND asking for Santa to bring him boots and stockings. He also wants me to find his ear band, from last winter.

Take a look. :big_smile:

I went over and spent a couple hours with Mom and her puppy. Riley the redneck, made his "alpha" dog status known from the first day, and won't let it go......:embarassed: Friskie tries so hard to make friends and play with him. I laid in the floor and played with both of them. It seemed to help a little. Mom and I just laughed so hard at them. It was good to spend time with her and the puppies.

Take care.
    Cheryl

19. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    yea i cant relate either im gonna be turnin 15 in like 8 months lol anyway it is really cold up here in raton NM, it was like 8 degrees last night lol. nd ur not old until u hit 90. lol.

20. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    i fish as much or more durin the colder months. Not so much because i'm some kind of tuff guy or anything like that...but mostly because there are less people out and i get to enjoy the sights and sounds more often completely to myself.

As JW said, i prefer addin clothin to takin it off...you can only go so far! lol

cyas
    robert