Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was banned a while back. A fellow member was in a fishing tourny and swamped his boat, lost the boat, motor, fishing gear everything. This was a situation that I thought I could help in so I did. I bought him three new catfish safari rods, reels, and got him a box of tackle in the deal. No, I am not wealthy, but I thought if I asked, others would pitch in and help out, offsetting some of the cost. Thus I made a post asking for donation on this forum, which is against the rules, which I didnt read. I was not out to make a profit by this, nor did I make any money. I did receive many pledges and was promised nearly all the $400 that was needed to buy the stuff, but my account was shut down before I could contact everyone and receive all the the money. anyway, thats what happened, but I did get the guy his new gear.

I was encouraged to come back to the site, JJ mentioned a few times about people asking about me, and thought I could just start a new account and be back in contact with everyone. Thus this account was started.

The staff here found me out, contacted me, and things are worked out(thanks again Paul)

I am really James, new(old) account is kansasgoose, which is what I will be going back too. The posts I made under this account were mostly true, but my "girlfriend" is really my wife Cheryl, and my name is James. Just felt those untruths should be cleared up.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Glad your back on James. Sometimes the mods take things too serious on here. Whereas if they would have just talked to you things could have been straightened out without shutting down your account.

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
Glad your back on James. Sometimes the mods take things too serious on here. Whereas if they would have just talked to you things could have been straightened out without shutting down your account.
Or you could just read the USCA Community Policy, then ask first.

Fund Raiser's of any kind will always be pushed off. Almost everybody here knows somebody going through some form of hardship. Left unchecked, raising funds threads would spiral.

And you responding with a negative twist doesn't help the environment.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Or you could just read the USCA Community Policy, then ask first.

Fund Raiser's of any kind will always be pushed off. Almost everybody here knows somebody going through some form of hardship. Left unchecked, raising funds threads would spiral

Sorry about the negative twist, and I understand the USCA community policy part Paul, but shutting down a guys account just for trying to help out a fellow BOC member is a little much.

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
Sad part, like I told James, I dont even remember the issue.

1 to 3 issues per day

Not counting Spam post - Hate post - etc

X 7+ years = bunch o stuff.

I do pretty good now days just keeping on top of the water.

I wish I had the time to setup conference calls with each person on Skype.

Its simply a time management issue.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
alls well that ends well. i talked to both James & Paul about a year ago about all this and there was more to it. its all dead now so lets let RIP. if someone wants to give me a call to find out more i will do it that way, not on here. yer doin good Paul.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Welcome back James!!

Went to the tjones profile page once, thought tjones and kansasgoose sure looked a lot alike.............YEP!!

Give a shout sometime and we'll go after some Perry cat's.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Welcome back James!!

Went to the tjones profile page once, thought tjones and kansasgoose sure looked a lot alike.............YEP!!

Give a shout sometime and we'll go after some Perry cat's.
Thanks Charlie, and to everyone else.

and yes, lets just let the whole thing go, I have. Paul doesnt remember, so it really is a dead issue.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.