Just stuff

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ncfowler, Jun 21, 2007.

1. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    Stuff, we all have stuff, some of us is always looking for more stuff, What is stuff? Stuff is stuff, I have alot of stuff and sometimes i even get more of the same stuff. Just the other day i got some of the same stuff now i have a lot of the same stuff.
    Back some 100 yrs or so year ago we did not have as much stuff or even a collection of stuff, Stuff was used as everyday items and most of could not afford extra stuff. Only in the last 50 or so years the collection of stuff got bigger for most people, In the last 20 years the market became flooded with all kinds of high tek stuff. I know this because i have a closet full of this stuff. I never got rid of this stuff because it cost too much when i got it. so this stuff just collects in the closet while more stuff gets added to it when i get new stuff.
    Now i have children and they always want stuff, not just any stuff the expensive stuff, This year i got my son some real expensive stuff for christmas, now there is new and improve stuff and he wants that stuff too. My daughter the same way, but now she is starting college and the type of stuff is diffrent, but the same, its still stuff, I got my daughter some stuff she needed for college, she told me that there is some stuff she wants, its the same stuff i just got her, it is not for college but for play, This is real expensive stuff too. Now my wife never wants stuff, for some odd reason there is a collection her stuff that fill up a room which at one time was almost empty.
    I think everyone wants and collects stuff, So what is stuff ? stuff is the things that we need, but don't, or do. Stuff can cost a lot or was just given us, its still stuff, stuff is addictive the more stuff we have the more we want. Some stuff cost so much we even take out loans to get this stuff. Sometimes we even dream of getting stuff. So you still ask what is stuff, Just open up your closet, go to your garage look on the walls in corners, if there are things that has been stacked up there that has never been used in a long time you may have stuff too, If you see a collection of items of the same nature that may be stuff as well. if you are reading this post you have expensive stuff, Stuff is stuff, it is everyday items we have, or something great aunt Lucy gave you long ago and is stuck away in a closet buried under even more stuff.
    The other day i was looking for some stuff and ran across stuff that i have not used for years, so i collected it in the back of my truck and gave it to some one who did not have as much stuff as me. Now they have stuff to add to there collection of stuff. I now have less stuff than i use to have. Maybe i need to buy more stuff to replace the stuff i gave away? After all i now have room to put the new stuff

2. guns sugar

guns sugar New Member

State:
    Georgia
    OMG... now im gettin rid of all my stuff!!!!!!!!! lol Jeff ur funny!!! thanks for a good laugh!

:big_smile: Karolyn

3. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    stuff? what stuff? i dont have stuff, i have things, too many things, and all my things take up too much space for me to have stuff.

4. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Gotta Love some of George Carlins "stuff" :
    "You ever notice your stuff is stuff, but everybody else's stuff is s--t."

Makes ya think about how many times you said
    "Move your s--t, so I can put my stuff there!"... "Man, look at all the s--t he has piled up in his garage, which reminds me, I need to organize my stuff this summer"....

Now, if you happen to buy his s--t at a yard/garage sale, then it becomes stuff...

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Its a race. Whoever has the most stuff when they die wins. LOL!

6. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Then my Ex-mother-in-law has that won well before she ever dies!:lol:
    Never could find anything in her house, garage, machine shop, shed. she actually has to make a path to walk through. :roll_eyes:

When one has too much stuff and won't get rid of anything, we call them a Pack Rat!!! I am a pack mouse, not got enough stuff to be a pack rat yet.:confused2:

7. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.
    Hey Subnet:

I recommend we get a TAXIDERMIST to settle this debate!!
    I mean.....they're the ones who replace S--T with STUFF every day, right??

Whaddya think?

8. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff

Punkin stuff and things both have several meanings but mean the same thing. for example i have a closet that has all my stuff. My friend needed to use some stuff i had and i told him that i need to get the stuff out of my closet, He asked what stuff is in there i replied just things,
    things are smaller units of stuff. you can have things too but you must have stuff first, or else there is nothing. but having nothing does not mean you don't have stuff it means the stuff is just in several places. things is like stuff but diffrent. there are small things, medium things, and large things, things that go bump in the night, there are things that called thingies , now thingies are things upon them self, thingies can be use to describe something, "you know that thingie that holds that other thingie under that stuff", or what is that thingie there. what a cute thingie. but, i digress things and stuff both collect in corners, closets, drawers, and on every flat surface. so I hope this explains the diffrent between things and stuff.

9. MSfishngrl

MSfishngrl New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    My mom has way too many things, thingies, stuff, what ever you call it she has got it!

10. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    is really stringin out there!!!:lol::lol:

11. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    There comes a point where you have to ask whether you own possessions, or possessions own you.:wink:

-- Rich

12. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.
    Or as quoted by Brad Pitt In "Fight Club"

"The things you own, end up owning you!"

13. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    I think about Diamond Rio's song...STUFF.

Catalogs fillin' up the mailbox
    Home shopping on the cable box
    And www dot
    Oh there's no escape
    Delivery truck coming up 'round the bend
    Beep, beep, beep, just backing in
    Sign here and here and here again
    'Cause it's no money down no payments till
    Your whole place is cram packed filed with

Chorus

Stuff (stuff) stack it on stack it on up
    (Stuff) never gonna ever get enough (stuff)
    Oh it's treasure till it's mine then it ain't worth a dime
    It's stuff (stuff) spreading like weeds
    Dragging me under in an endless sea of stuff
    (Stuff) There ain't no end
    Got to get a bigger place so I can move in
    More stuff

It's getting late but it's alright
    The get-it-all mart opened up all night
    You can catch it all with a quick swipe
    It's easier everyday
    Suv's and mini vans
    Parading 'round in caravans