Just some pictures

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Boomer, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    My wife took these, she sends me bunches while I am over here, makes me homesick sometimes, but I thought you would enjoy these. They were take off my back porch...

Attached Files:

• sun4.jpg
      sun4.jpg
      File size:
      13.8 KB
      Views:
    • 062.jpg
      062.jpg
      File size:
      15.2 KB
      Views:
    • sun.jpg
      sun.jpg
      File size:
      11.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Those are beautiful. I was fishing this morning and another thing that was beautiful were the stars. They seemed to be shineing extra bright for some reason. I saw three shooting stars to top it off. You cant beat being outdoors.

3. preshrd3cpy

preshrd3cpy New Member

State:
    Calhoun,Tennessee
    Mr Foster I will have to agree I work nights 7pm til 7am and its just nice to look up and see the stars the outdoors are just wonderful. The pictures were great I like the first one the best just looks nice and peaceful thank you for the post.

4. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hello Gary and thanx for sharing the peaceful serenity of the pics stay safe over there. I was on the river last nite and there were more stars than I have seen in quite a while. Seems those moments are becoming fewer and farther between so we had best enjoy them while we can. Again thanx for sharing!!!:wink:

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Gary thanks for all you do and for sharing the beautiful pics. Enjoyed.

6. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Those are some beautiful sights. That little bird on the birdfeeder was sweet.. LOL. Would be a great shot for a postcard.:wink: Thanks for sharing the photos.

7. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    Thanks for helping keeping us safe. With pictures like that you know we are truly blessed. Stay safe

8. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Hey Gary!! Sounds like that special someone really cares for you!! That's special!! Those pics are beautiful!! A big thanks for sharing them with us and take care. Be safe!:wink:

9. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Those are some really pretty pictures. Thanks for sharing them!

10. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    That's a heartbreaking post, Gary. We are keeping you in our prayers. Keep up the good work, and may the good Lord keep you safe.

11. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    There is a bright side to Afghanistan, and I would say it is the kids. These kids meet us daily after work. They are very polite and call me Mr. Gary :smile2: There are about 8 of them who we see regularly, I call them the DRS kids, we take care of these kids. The school back packs you see in the picture, my wife sent me for them, it is loaded with school supplies. These kids families are very poor. During the winter time is the hardest on all the poor families, usually during the summer time they can grow the food they eat, but during the winter it means store bought items. During we take them to eat on Fridays to make sure they have had at least something healthy to eat during the week.

The oldest girl in this picture speaks perfect english, not only does she speak english, but French, Pashtun, Dari, and is picking up spanish from the guys I work with. To go to school in Afghanistan, the kids have to pay for their schooling, each class cost them. The girls sell scarves to make money for school. I have a ton of scarves now.

Attached Files: