Just signed up for Cabelas point pleasant

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by brother hilljack, Aug 8, 2008.

1. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I just got registered to fish in the Cabelas Point Pleasant tournament and I was curious how many of my fellow BOC brothern will be fishing there?! I am pretty excited. This will be my first time on the water ALL year because of my present, extended stay, vacation in Iraq! I am very pumped and will be fishing with my Wife!

My brother will also be down there, so when you see two boats (NOT VERY PRETTY ONES) and think to yourselves "They must be HillJacks!" you are right! HillJack catfishing will out in full force for this event! Hope to see you there!

2. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I would love to get in on one of those Cabellas tourneys. It may have to wait till next year.
    It would be a long drive for me but well worth it, win or lose. Not quite as far as you have to drive though.:wink:
    I had managed to get in 2 tourneys this year so far. Next year will be much different. I plan on hitting as many as finances will allow.

3. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Next year will be the best fishing year of my life!!! I can already feel the success coming.................at least it has to be better than this year!:smile2:

The tournys are fun and I look forward to them. Typically I get to fish with my brother at these events, this year it will be my Wife's first one! It could make or break her tournament career. I am willing to chance it though. My brother and nephew will be in another boat. I doubt it could get any better!

4. OhioRiverCatfisher

OhioRiverCatfisher New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Good Luck & Good Fishing to ya Shane. 1st would be nice :smile2:

5. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    First would be nice, but I will settle for putting a line in the water. It is going to be great fun, fishing with my wife and having my brother down there. Heck, I can't stop thinking about it.

6. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Good Luck in the Tourney man, YOU HAVE DEFINITELY EARNED the first place prize in my book, for what ya have been up to this year, defending our nation and all!:wink:

7. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    best of luck to you most of all stay safe and have fun

8. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Good luck, I plan on hitting a few my self next year.

9. river_runner_85

river_runner_85 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Good luck to you and be safe and have fun.

10. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for all of the support, I am pretty excited about the event

11. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I am still trying to keep this thread alive.................................anyone else fishing the event

12. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I don't know how many people are going to be in this event. I just talked to my brother yesterday and he said he got launch number 6!! Is this really all the people that are going to complete??

13. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Good luck! Hopefully we'll see you at the Classic!

14. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I will not be able to fish the classic, I have only a two week window to fish before returning to Iraq. This will be my first and only event for the whole year!! I am excited though and hope some people sign up last minute. Talking to everyone is half the fun!