Just read the new flathead studies

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by basstracker, Mar 11, 2009.

1. basstracker

basstracker New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Hello all, I just got done reading the latest study on how flatheads eat,sleep and their habits day and night and was just wondering if these ol' boys here on the OOSTANAULA are something different or what. They will hit anything,but most of my luck comes with cut bait.I don't know if they are the most abudant cats here on the OOST but they are what I catch the most. I have caught some channels and a few blues but 8 out of 10 are flatheads. the water is swift and swallow most of the time and they do hang around log jams but most come from less than 10 feet of water. I have even caught them on crankbaits. I have always been use to fishing the slow deep waters until I started fishing the OOST.

2. basstracker

basstracker New Member

State:
    Georgia
    That is why I believe the HOF flathead will come from the OOST here in Resaca.. LOL

3. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    believe it or not I caught a 20 lbder or so in fast moving water on liver,it took the bait 3 times before I finally hooked it:smile2:

4. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    That was a VERY GOOD READ, GOOD STUDY. I'm surprised they didn't find any BABY DUCKS inside them. :smile2::smile2:

5. Marshall

Marshall New Member

State:
    Junction City,
    Where can you find this study??

6. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I mostly catch blues in the Oostanaula, but more flatheads than channels. I've tried targeting flats with live bait here and had some success, but the fishin' is super slow with live bait. Cutbait has worked better on flatheads for me too, and my biggest flatheads have been caught on cutbait. I use cutbait most of the time though.

7. basstracker

basstracker New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Hey Bumper.. Do you catch alot of blues on cutbait?

8. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Yes, almost all the blues I catch are on cutbait.