Just read a PM from MRR

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by pk_powell, Jan 14, 2007.

1. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    He gave me his cell phone number,so I give him a call! He said his lights are flickering and is daughter is without power completely. He informed me there is so much ice that his bird feeder is totally encased in ice and the ground is so slick when the birds land they slide. They're calling for more ice to hit him today.He said if he doesn't post he wants us all to know why!:smile2:

2. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    Good info Pat, that means theres probably more members out there in the same situation. Lets hope they get the power restored so all can stay warm if they dont have fireplaces or wood stoves.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks for the headsup Pat we will keep him in our thoughts as well as any other members who may also be in the path of this terrible weather

4. dademoss

dademoss New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks Pat, We'll keep all our members in our thoughts.

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Thanks Pat ,so far were still good to go .Still got our lights ,water etc.Daughter just called said they have thier poewr back on least for now.Thier calling for 1-1/2 to 2 "sleet and maybe another1/4 ice of ice on top of what we allready have.problom is last night it was so foggy here that when it hit surface it froze.It's so slick out there the birds can't sit in one spot,just slide.Thanks for your concern but We need to say prayers for the oneswho don't have power now and haven't had for awhile. And while we are at it Pat don't seem to want to say anything but her husband is really sick running (103 temp) and all so lets keep them in our PRAYERS also. Prayers work wonders ,more than Quack Doctors do.:roll_eyes: Right Pat?Sorry Pat but had to do this for you all.GOD BLESS!!

6. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    The local weather in Okla. City, just said that Springfield, Mo. may have lost power to the whole town. I hope and pray that is not true. We are thinking about you all who are getting the worst of this ice storm. God bless, be safe.

7. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am reminded of an old song back when I was a young woman. I believe Dion WarWick sang it.It was on the radio,but it was titled "Thats what Friends are for." I care bout all of ya and I'm willin to help in anyway I can,I just don't want any big deal made out of it. Yes, my husband is ill. I toomhim to his Primary Care Friday to strive to get his disability papers signed.Wouldn't ya know it once again He was qualifyed.Also told him that He was coughing with a sore throat. The Doctor smacked him on the back,laughed and said join the crowd,everyone has it.All he did was listen to his lungs there clear felt his throat,no lumps or bumps yea you're good to go.I know my husband,when he was in the Navy he wound up in Balboa Naval Hospital in San Diego with pneumonia. When we had been married just about a year he came down with it again or at least he was so close to it itwould have been just a gentle push and it would have been full fleged pneumonia.This doctor is my definition of a real BOOB! He is an educated idiot.Tomorrow if he keeps getting these fevers we shall go to my doctor. As far as his disability papers are concerned we called our attorney and I'm quite sure that they will find a doctor who is qualifyed!:crazy:

8. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i wish all of the members that are trapped in this ice storm good luck! we just had two similar ice storms and one knocked out power for 45000 people. some will be out still for another 2 weeks because of all the power poles. country roads will be solid sheets of ice and the only phones that might work are ones with chords. cell phones might but chances are that most of the towers will be iced over and wont put out much of a signal. good luck to everyone

9. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Glad to hear that our brothers and sisters are safe in the storm. I pray that those we have not heard from are ok as well.

Pat I also pray for your husband recovers quickly...

10. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    As of now, Ice is light and sleet is about 2" or so. Roads are travelable but barely. I'm headed for work but will be back on after midnight, if power's still on.

11. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    They are still saying were to get another 1-3 in.of sleet maybe 1/4 in.ice and 3-5 in. snow. Boy wish winter would hurry and get here:roll_eyes: J/K Hope they are wrong on this one. I'm gonna go stir crazy before long. Hope everyone who is caught up in this mess stays safe. GOD BLESS!!

12. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Thoughts and prayers goes out to the ones without power. Hope they are keeping warm. And has for Pat and her Family you are in our thoughts and prayers. He needs to see a good Doctor. Keep us posted.

13. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If I can get outta here tomorrow without slidin in the ditch I'm takin my husband to the doctor. He's hovering at 99.9 which is better than 103 but he still feels yucky!:smile2:

14. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Pat Prayers are going up for your family and all those caught in the big Ice Storm.Please stay safe. Here in So. Illinois we have several inches of rain and flooding. We are the lucky ones. No problems compare to and Ice Storm.

15. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    This morning on local news they ran all the church closures which were due to power outages. Have two friends who are lineman with AmerenUE, doing their best. Ameren has over 130,000 without power so it will be awhile. The hard winds due in tonight will take out many more, so the few left with power can count their blessings... trees everywhere are hanging under the load of ice. Springfield Mo. which is a very large city has over 80% without power... When Peter went to Jesus walking on the water, his eyes turned from Jesus to the waves around and he started to sink. My prayer is Lord help us all to not let that around us distract us from any blessing you would have our eyes to experience. What was beautiful is he cried out and where did he find comfort, but in the arms of Jesus.