Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When are the flatties gonna make it up the Dan!!! I think everything is running about a week or so behind. Hopefully by the end of the month or the first week of June, they should be up in town. We have been catching small 1-5 lbs blues, flats, and channels, but that's about it. Need a good soak or two also. It tried to yesterday but didn't last long enough. Today is looking overcast and is supposed to be a bit warmer. Hopefully that generates some rainfall. Buddy of mine says he spotted the shad so it wont be long. Bream should be pretty thick this year as well!!!

·
Registered
599 Posts
They should be there, we been catching them in the river for over two and a half months now...

·
Registered
452 Posts
If I can get some bait and get in the water this Saturday I'm going to try to get some. I really want my mom to see me catch a huge fish and she is going to be in town....

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
When are the flatties gonna make it up the Dan!!! I think everything is running about a week or so behind. Hopefully by the end of the month or the first week of June, they should be up in town. We have been catching small 1-5 lbs blues, flats, and channels, but that's about it. Need a good soak or two also. It tried to yesterday but didn't last long enough. Today is looking overcast and is supposed to be a bit warmer. Hopefully that generates some rainfall. Buddy of mine says he spotted the shad so it wont be long. Bream should be pretty thick this year as well!!!
You shoulda caught some by now. The weather this year really messed the run up this year. They usually load the pickups with eater blues in SOBO by now and it didn't happen. I caught most of my big flatheads early April this year, Lately, the river is not producin. I think they spawned and gone. I'm heading to the upper lake now.

·
Registered
599 Posts
You shoulda caught some by now. The weather this year really messed the run up this year. They usually load the pickups with eater blues in SOBO by now and it didn't happen. I caught most of my big flatheads early April this year, Lately, the river is not producin. I think they spawned and gone. I'm heading to the upper lake now.
I don't think so not yet anyway, should be another couple weeks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.