Just plain rude

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by paleocaver, Apr 17, 2006.

1. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    Saturday while fishing with my 86 year-old grandmother and 66 year-old mother I saw the worst in folks. We were anchored in a spot adjacent to the channel at the base of a bluff near a barge mooring area. It was out of the traffic and out of the wind.

At one point I saw a boat headed for us, when they realized another boat was there, they pulled up hard and turned to, then slowly passed us while giving us the finger. Such class acts. I bit my tongue since I can't take a chance in upsetting my grandmother with a confrontation. It's a shame what the world's coming to. Man I hate fishing weekends.:mad:

For a fishing report related to this. We caught some small shellcracker and bream, one sauger and I had one heck of a hit on a live bream under a float. The fish hit then wrapped me up in a tree after I set the hook. Was prime flathead country so I can only imagine.

2. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    People have no concept of being polite anymore on the water or land. I have had some real jerks out there on the water when I have been fishing. People think its really funny to drive within 50 yards of you and rock the crap out of your boat. Sometimes I wish I could just sling a big ole weight right at their heads.

3. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Wish dang man there isn't any R_E_S_P_E_C_T anymore. What we need to do with people like is PRAY for them the bible says pray for you enemy's. Pray that there boat sinks lol just JOKING wouldnt wish that on anyone.

4. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    A D cell battery right between the shoulder blades in the back will take the wind right out of that jerk.

5. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    When I said they pulled up hard and turned, I didn't mean to imply they were trying to rock the boat. They were too far away for that at the time. The action that was uncalled for was their use of sign language.

6. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    Remember,love(and fishing) covers a multitude of sin's.

7. NCCatter

NCCatter Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Herbert,
    You are exactly right man, pray for your enemies and those who persecute you. That is a hard concept to grasp for anyone, but God requires us to forgive in order to be forgiven. There is too much eye-for-eye and tooth-for-tooth behavior these days. I was at church the other day playing kickball with the kids and two guys in a Buick pulled in the CHURCH PARKING LOT and threw an empty bottle of alcohol in the edge of the trees, and as they rode right by the children they gave the finger. I just hope none of the kids saw this common occurrence. I was nervous about confronting the guys because they could have had a gun or anything. Too bad what the world is coming too...

8. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    people can be so stupid .
    what they were thinking is anyones guess.
    after hearing these other occurences lets you
    know there no shortage of idiots out there.
    although an eye for an eye might be wrong
    sometimes it becomes necessary .
    i would love to see those pricks boat sink .
    hey i would even give them the one finger salute
    watching it go down;)

9. MilwaukeeCatHunter

MilwaukeeCatHunter New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    No offense to anyone in the BOC who owns a jet ski, but most of my problems come from people who run those things wide open near someone who is fishing.

Seems like the only thing you can do on weekends on lakes around here is jet ski and water ski. Fishermen get lost in the waves IMHO. It almost (and I stress almost) takes the fun out of fishing.

10. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Any one gives me the finger,I just hold up 2 & 3 & 4 & 5 & 6 & 7 & 8 & 9 &10.I try to help anyone learn who can only count to one.peewee-williams

11. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I'd like to respect people like that with a load of rock salt. "go ahead, make my day"... " a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do". They'd not be sitting for quite a while.

12. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    What ever happened to the Golden Rule?

I deal with a very bad situation that happends to people in life (Repossessions). Every single person I deal with could end up in a horrible mess, but I try to remember the Golden Rule, sure I still have my knock down drag outs with certain people, but for the most part everything is handeled the way I would want it to be handled if I were on the other side. Our world would be so much different if everyone were to follow the Golden Rule. 90% of our worlds problems could be fixed just by treating others the way we would want to be treated. Almost sounds too simple, doesn't it?

13. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv

i keep a good supply of 6 oz sinkers for ocassions like that.:rolleyes:

14. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    I have a really good friend and fishing buddy who is black. When I think about the first time someone was 'rude' while we were fishing it almost breaks my heart. I told him I could not believe that people could act like that (racial terms and cussing). I wanted to ruff them up some but he said get use to it if you're going to fishing with a black person. Maybe since I was raised in the sticks I've kinda had a sheltered life but I really feel sorry for people who act like what we've been reading about in this post. It's just sad what the world has come to.

ST

15. sairving

sairving New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Sometimes you just have ignore stupid people. Very proud of you for holding your tongue!!

Shell

16. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Scott, hooray for you for maintaining control AND for taking your grandmother & mom out for a little fishing! No doubt that both of them played a big role in providing you with a value system that makes them very proud of you

17. Lil Hooker

Lil Hooker New Member

State:
    Your BackYard BOO
    Let me applaude you in biting your tongue you don't want to be like them idiots especially in front of your loved ones. We have the same problem here it's just human nature for some of us to be a$$es. We have a big problem with skiers during the summer.