Just out of the Hospital for the second time!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by pk_powell, Oct 30, 2007.

1. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yes! This time I had to go by ambulance. I couldn't walk with out lots of help.This has really been a trial for me. For Pete's Sake as I have said before on here I am only 48 years old. Do other 48 y/o people hit this age and then start fally apart? Family I just want to be able to go fishing and not worry about falling. I was with Brother Gary Felkner from Kansas City Missouri,he was such a kind man for coming up and taking me fishing.Upon him saying that it was getting rather late,I immediately commenced on packing up to leave,to make a long story short I fell. My knees decided they wasn't gonna cooporate and boom down I went. I was never ever so:0a13:. Anyway I went to the hospital I waited for 3 solid hours almost continusely pressing on the call light someone would show up and I'd say I need something for pain,well what are you taking now? I say Percocet still nothing finally I pressed my calllight hurting like thunder and very upset and:angry::angry: I said in no uncertain terms without usinf foul language and said I was giving them 5 minutes to produce a doctor and pain med or so help me I would check myself out and go where I could get assistance. Bam I had a whole room full of people including a male nurse was holding a syringe full of pain med. I said you garentee that I see a doctor in 5 minutes. They garenteed I would and at the same time a man told me to pull my pants down. I looked at him quizzically and he says to me I have an IM (Intra Muscular) injection for your backside. I said put it in my IV line he says you don't want this thru the IV you want this where I'm gonna put it,cause it's going to give you long term relief. Sounds interesting when your knee's and legs are killing you so he jabbed it in found out the drug is a relative to Morphine. He was right very soon I was in a much more pleasemt mood. I don't want to bore ya all with all the details but my goodness they were messed up to the extend they had my meds confused,everything was a mess. I have decided I'm starting from scratch all over. My knees still hurt they didn't do anything for me. So question Would you or would you not want a whole new ball of wax? Well you must understand typing this out while under the influence of pain meds is quite difficult. So I will quit for now. Just wanted to let you know what was going on in my life. As a side note Man did I itch while there. Blasted
    side effect to pain meds!! Love you all my precious fishing family~~~~Sister Pat:sad2::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Boy somepeople will do just about anything to get attention from those good lookin Interns and Doctors won't they:roll_eyes:.JK Sorry to hear about the knee problems.Let me guess what with your age and all they don't even want to talk to you about knee replacements do they.Hopefully you'll get to feeling better.At least you got the bathroom problem solved (right).Bet poor ol Steve ,Jackieand Jessica say thank goodness for at least for 1 small miricale Ha!Ha!
    Now be a good girl and take your:0a30:like the good ol doc ordered.
    Get Well Real Soon!!

3. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Sorry to hear that, Pat, but yes, the warranty expires at 40. That's really why so many people want to just stay at 39. I seriously considered it, but went ahead and celebrated my 40th birthday in 1982. Five months later I was in the hospital with colon cancer. Had to have it and a few other unnecessary parts removed. Although that gained me the status of being 100% disabled, I handled it pretty well, but then got diabetes, followed by atrial fibrillation of my heart. All them things ganging up on me actually interferes with my catfishing...but it hasn't stopped it.

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have to say it has made me very depressed. I hate feeling like I am a prisioner In my own home.There was a time when I could jump ouuta bed get my ckothes on and start the day,today it totally wore me out to take a shower. I still want and need to have fun. Glad I have all of you as my on-line buds I would go nuts!!~~~~~~~~Sister Pat:eek:oooh::big_smile:

5. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Oh no the falling apart occurs at 39 now. I got my doctors appointment finally on Nov 7 for a hip injection. I made it fishing today but I had to hike in and it hurt me bad. I cant do that any more. It really bums me out because I'm a big trout fishermen and hike/climbing is a big part of it here. I've been avoiding meds for a long time but its to the point where I get sick from pain. The problem is that the meds always make me sick. I got hot, the shakes, then throw up,LOL. If I'm at home not working or climbing around the woods, I'm not so bad, I can deal with it, have been for 20yrs. I've been climbing ladders for the best part of 30yrs and I cant do it anymore. Just putting on my tool belt kills me. Now I've got the winter coming and that means more cloths=more pain. Oh, well, maybe by this time next year I will have my shiny new hip in and at least normal life wont hurt so much. I can say that all in all I just don't let it get me down. 40 or not there anit a thing I can do about it. Pat hang in there and keep writing. It makes me feel better, that's for sure. One good thing is I get out of trick or treating this year : )~

6. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Pat, we were getting a little concerned since we haven't heard from you in a few days. We hope they can do something for you so life will ease up for ya'll. Keep us informed.

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Pat its ashamed that you were in the hospital agian and they still can't find out what is causing your pain. I am glad to hear that you are out of the hospital at least. I will get my wife to ask her doctors (she works at Duke Hospital) about what would cause fluid build-up around the joints and extreme pain. Maybe they can nome up with some different advice for you.

8. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Pat,
    I hope that you get better soon. Please take care of yourself and I will pray for ya!

9. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I hope you get feeling better soon, Pat. I used to think I'd live to be 100 but the last couple of years everything started to break down. Now I wonder if I'll make it one more year. I'm thinking about having my mail sent to the V.A. Hosp. I spend more timer there then I do at home these days. LOL

10. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    So how do you combat the days when ya get to feeling down or do you have those days? I ask this simply because some people don't have bum days,I can promise ya that I do. Yes I am a Christian Women but Willie even Christians can and do get down. So if ya don't mind answerin what do ya do to combat em if ya get him?:confused2:

11. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Pat, I certainly know what you mean about it depressing you. And I sure don't have any magic cure for it, or I would already have taken it. Some days all I want to do is lay in bed; some days, that's about all I do. Then I try to tell myself that I've had my rest, now it's time to get up and do something. The doctor gave me some pills, but they didn't help much.

12. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    Well Pat, I've been having a lot of them lately. I've had a couple of foot surgeries in the last few months because of that MRSA infection that has been killing those kids lately, (I was on antibiotics for three months) I have torn ligaments in my right knee that they want to operate on, but I've been putting it off since I have to run my business and have concerts to do and no insurance, and I just had some work done on my teeth, which weren't bothering me before, but now four of them are so painful that I can hardly eat. I've got a deterriated disc in my lower back that causes a lot of pain. I've been lucky enough to have been around a little bit and have seen and talked to people that are a lot worse off then I am. My brother was born with his heart upside down and with three holes in it. He died at 14. My mother died at 39, my favorite cousin died at 49, his brother's son was born with CP and is blind at 14, my first girlfriend died at 17 on her way to see me, my grandfather died in his mid 30's and his wife at 56. My brother-in-law who lives with us is 57 and has 8% of his heart left because of Agent Orange, he lost his colon two years ago, and his legs are in constant pain because of diabetis but they can't remove them because of his bad heart, now his liver and kidneys are failing. So when things get bad and I'm feeling a little down, I think of people like them all over the world and I realize that The Great Spirit has been pretty good to me. I've had a good life and have really enjoyed myself. Then I think about what my father used to tell me; "When you're feeling down and start thinking that life sucks and the world has been unfair to you, take a walk through the cemetery. There you'll find people that are REALLY having a bad day!" I have my problems but all in all, I've been pretty lucky. I realize that it is all just part of the circle of life. Through meditation, I've learned to ignore most of the pain, and through shear stubborness, I keep going because I know that the only option is to give up and stop doing the things I love to do. I won't do that because I believe that a winner never quits, and a quitter never wins. I believe that, to a great extent, we are in charge of our own destiny, and I can choose to let these problem beat me or I can fight back. What's important isn't how many times you get knocked down, but how many times you get back up. I know you'll get back up too, Pat. You are a strong person and you are a good person. You'll get past this. This is just a temporary problem. It will take more than a bum knee to keep you down. My prayers go out to you. Get well soon. The world needs people like you.

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I hate to hear you're going through this. I can relate with you about the Drs and the lack of pain care. As always you all are in my Thoughts and Prayers!!! I sure hope you get some relief soon. I've ended up having to go to a pain clinic. I don't like the way a lot of its done but at least they are taking care of the pain control somewhat. My warranty must have expired prematurely since my back has been bad since I was 15. Really went downhill from 27-34. Scared of whats in store for me if I make it to 40...:confused2:

14. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Willie your reply to me was truly inspirational. You are right in everything you said. You made me cry cause it was like as I was reading your post you was directly behind me giving me a gentle shove and saying come on you can do this. Thank you for your motivational speech. John you will make it too forty you have too. I guess you and Steve and myself we just simply have to suck it up and do the best we can with what we got. I'm going too a brand New Doctor Friday that is way North of me,simply because I don't want to go to that hospital anymore. There is a better way and I have intentions to hunt for it till I find it!!~~~~~~~Sister Pat:wink:

15. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    I went to University Hospital in June of 2002 with a broken leg, and came out of there paralized from the waist down. I spent a year in a wheelchair, and have regained the use of my legs as long as I have my crutches around. One thing I noticed going thru all of those extremely bleak times is there is always someone who has it worse than I did. Keep your chin up, and have a little faith. Later Andy

16. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    Yea, What he said!!!

17. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Send you a PM, Pat.