Just My Luck!

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by red1691, Apr 7, 2009.

1. red1691

red1691 New Member

State:
    Meldrim, Ga.
    Planning to take the family to Santee this weekend. But with my luck ,with this cold front blowing in, my odd on catching some cats look bleek! Staying by Goat Island, Hope the weather gets better by Saturday morning! Any thought on what the bite may be by Sat. morn. Thanks

2. tigerman

tigerman New Member

State:
    lowcountry , sc
    I'm going to santee near ballards point on friday/saturday/sunday and was going to post the same question to the Santee faithful on opinoins of the catfish bite this weekend>??????

thanks,

Matt:roll_eyes::0a31:

Shellcrackers & Crappie bite as well....with the moon phase you think it will be a good weekend for all the fish bite???

3. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Ricky this is a very small cold front that should have very little impact on the fishing and certainlly by Sat everything will be leveled out. The full moon is friday and the water temps will be in the 60's so stay shallow for your most consistant bite.

4. santeefishhunter

santeefishhunter New Member

State:
    north caro
    If you're staying at Goat Island I would fish the Cow Pasture in the shallows. I mean from 2 ft.- 8ft. As the day goes on you might want to fish the ledge on the outside the Cow Pasture. I'll be there if I can help you out. Call "FISH HUNTER" on VHF 74 or 704-361-2363 Kevin

5. red1691

red1691 New Member

State:
    Meldrim, Ga.
    Thanks for the info. guys! I use my sister's pontoon when we come up there. Add a fishfinder a cople years ago, still trying to figure it out, but I was thinking about a VHF radio. Which would be better hand held or dash mounted type? Is chanel 74 what most use at santee? Thanks again Ricky

6. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    A mounted radio with a quality antenna will talk farther and better but just at the lakes a handheld should be fine. Most everyone uses CH69.

7. red1691

red1691 New Member

State:
    Meldrim, Ga.
    Got there Fri. 7:00pm. Set a couple of poles out on the pier, with some cut harrin! Left the wife and kids, my 2+2 of there firends, went back to the house make some home made bait, half an hour latter went back out they had a 7lb and a 10lb in the cooler! Oboy what a night we are going to have! Then the wind startes to pick up then the storm came in.
    The rest of the weekend only cought 2 while on the boat, and the 2 boy managed a 19lb sat. evening at the pier without any help:smile2:!! They were fairly happy! Me too! 5 fish about 50 lbs at least we have something to take home.

8. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Glad you all had fun and stayed safe.:wink: