Just My Luck!!--Another broken boat!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by TOPS, Sep 11, 2007.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I traded my small boat for a truck! Went in with my Son-in-law and bought a Dura craft with 115 Mercury[used] now I had to put that boat in the shop. Just when I started catching fish again!!:angry: The small boat is still at my house [ I traded it to my other Son-in-law], he told me to use it but I just do not feel right using his boat, when he has to work all the time.:wink:

What do you guys think!

2. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    That's what son in laws are for afterall u gave him ur daughter that's the least he could do!!!!!!!!!:smile2:

3. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Verlon, I say use it.

If he didn't want you to use it, he wouldn't have offered. Besides, he's working, don't feel bad about that for you've already done your working time. :wink:

Good luck on getting your boat up and running.

4. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    What more could a guy ask for top? Pulling the boat with the truck you traded it for!!:eek:oooh::smile2::tounge_out: Go fishing!!...and have the son-in-law catch ya some bait before ya go!!:eek:oooh:

5. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Hey Tops,
    Sounds like you have a carb problem to me. If it idles good you probably had the high speed jets plugged or you have a firing issue with one or more cylinder. Put the muffs on her and pull a spark plug wire and fire her up. Repeate this process until you discover the misfiring plug or determine that you don't have a miss fire. If no miss fire, then look to those carbs. Cleaning is easy and rebuilding isn't hard either.

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Top, for about $7.00 you can get a spark plug tester at the auto parts stores. But, I guess you all ready put the motor in the shop, so all these suggestions won't help. I think half the fun of fishing is tinkering with the boat, motor and trailers. LOL. They sure have gave me hours of enjoyment - and frustrations. LOL. Best of luck...borrow the rig and go fishing, after all, your familiar with it.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Top Sgt. The weather is right, the fish are biteing, don't worry about it. Take the boat and go fishing before someone else catches all the fish.:smile2:

8. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    Use the boat, If you were closer I would put you in my boat. Am working six days a week now 12 + hours a day. My boat has not seen water since July.

9. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Top just go fishing. :wink:

10. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Use it and return it better than ya got it. Sounds like opportunity knockin to me. LOL!

11. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Use it and get out there and catch some fish!!! Be sure to catch a few for Ol' cntryboy while your at it!!! might be a while before i can go!!!

12. odtimr

odtimr New Member

State:
    nebraska
    Verlon
    Put the boat to good use, use it. You will be doing your son-in-law a favor. I figure a boat sitting is like a car sitting it goes to pieces a lot faster. You will be running fresh gas though the motor, You'll be keeping the wheel bearings from rusting. You will be doing the maintenance and noticing when something needs taken care of. Take him around some fish to eat. You will owe him one, it is good to be in debt to others sometimes. Luck.

13. killentime99

killentime99 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    you could always let hime clean the fish when he gets home so that he could participate in the fishing trip.