Just my luck, again

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by grizzly, Sep 25, 2006.

1. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    This is a true story, as dumb as it may be; I drove around yesterday morning looking at the creeks and such that drain into the bayou. They all were running a little, so I decided to bait up yesterday evening. About 4 pm I hooked the boat up and counted out plenty of goldfish. I know I've got 63 drops, so I took 68 goldfish in case acouple died. Left the house at 4:45 knowing I had plenty of time to put on the hooks and bait and make it back to the truck before dark. Made it to the bayou at 5:15 right on time. Got the boat ready to launch, took the hold-downs offthe back of the boat. Remember that sentance!!!! There is no ramp, you just back off in the water on the gumbo bank between two stumps. So I back down like allways, stop when I think I'm close and get out to look. Holy Crap, the back of the boat is under water, it never tried to float. Hurry and pull the boat back out of the water, pull the plug and wait for 10 minutes for the water to drain. Well I've still got enough time if I hurry, gee I wonder if the motor will start. No way, I crank for about 10 minutes and finally give up, tie the boat back down and go home. I don't know why the boat didn't float off the trailer, maybe it just wasn't meant to be! Now I am going to try to dry the motor out so I can go today and try again. grizzly

2. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    i sure everyone has days like that on the water.i no i have.better luck today i hope.

3. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    I would be concerned about my boat not floating... This seems to be an issue you might want to look closely at...

I prefer my boat on top of the water rather than under water.

Best of luck mate!

Cheers!

4. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    Sounds like good idea Christopher, I'll have to check that out. Especially since I CAN'T swim. grizzly

5. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    O well we have all pulled stunts like but why do I pull so many:big_smile:

6. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Okay Brian, what's the punch line? We got to know why the boat didn't float. When you figure it out let us know.

You should be in trotline heaven with all the rain they got up in the north east part of the state. The White is on the rise and rolling so it ought to be backing up into the bayou.

I hoping to hear some good reports from you in the next few days. That is if you can get your boat to float.:big_smile:

st

7. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    haha i hate days like that but maybe it was for the best that you didnt go out that day? who knows?

8. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    I guess the bank was steeper than I realized when I backed the trialer in. Dried the motor out and everything went good yesterday. We baited 4 lines with goldfish and put out 1 line with aluminum foil. Heading out to check them in a few minutes, will report back later. I don't expect to much, the gar were hitting the goldfish as soon as we turned the lines loose. grizzly

9. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    Well it was I expected, kinda slow. 1 channel cat on aluminum foil and 1 blue on goldfish. Both about 1lb. No goldfish left anywhere, 2 gar, 5 big grinnel. Maybe next time. grizzly

10. robbie

robbie New Member

State:
    bald knob,
    a few years ago on opening day of duck season i backed my buddy in and the boat was hung on the trailer. casey looked around and the trailer was floating under the boat. we never unhooked the front of the boat so i backed him in again and the boat turned sideways on the trailer and hung up again. no paddle or anything to get the boat back on.we left the motor toter hooked up. all i can say is that water was cold.

robbie