Just moved to Oklahoma! 10 miles from Wilburton.

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by TwoThumbs-Nate, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Q: Where should I go fishing first? I'll be in Oklahoma toward the end of May 2008... I have a 13' Boston Whaler Sport with a 35 Johnson... Even with 3 people in the boat, I can get up to around 20mph. I love fishing for everything: Catfish, Striper, White bass, Crappie, etc...

2. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Nate. Some of the guys from that area will be by to give you a little info.

3. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Nate,
    Come to Lake Keystone in the NE part of the state on May 30,31 and June 1 and join us for the 6th annual BOC gathering!!!
    You'll have a blast!!

4. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Welcome to the Hood! Nate your not far from Sardis Lake has nice blues and flatheads in it and lot's and lot's of crappie:tounge_out:

5. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    wister lake is close by and to the west i s one of the greatest lakes in oklahoma,eufaula and there are boat ramps there around krebs. you may have to drive a little to go fishing but you can go hunting there on the edge of town there is lots of goverment land and land owned by the paper companys

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Eaufaula is to the east/ne of wilburton. If the wind is up (as it usually is in Oklahoma) you may want to borrow a line from the guy in "JAWS" - 'we need a bigger boat'. Any large body of water is unforgiving. In eastern Oklahoma there is more places to fish at than we would want to spend time talking about. Western Oklahoma you'd have three or four lakes to talk about. LOL

As Mike said, try to make it to keystone, which is probably about 100 miles north of wilburton, on the outskirts of Tulsa. You'll be glad you did.

7. pup

pup New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    welcome to boc nate happy fishing

8. Longhunter

Longhunter New Member

State:
    Kansas
    welcome to boc nate happy fishing, you will love it down here!

9. zimzam

zimzam New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Nate welcome to BOC and hope you enjoy oklahoma it has a lot to offer if you take the time to search it out.:big_smile:

Hey Lnghunter where did you get the nice sturgeon???:crazy:

10. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Ease up on the poor guys boat there Lawrence, LOL. I got one of those whalers like he got. It might fill up with water, but it aint gonna sink! Trust me, I've tested it, and not by choice, LMAO!!!!!!!!!!:smile2:

Welcome to the best fishing state around. There's more places to fish here than you can believe.

11. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome from missouri Nate.

12. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    Welcome Nate.

Lets see fishing around Wilburville ( as I call it). There is a small lake to the north out towards Robber's cave. Lake eufala isn't too far of a drive. If you really want to know about the good spots look around for some of the guys that work at the DOC academy at the college. Best of luck to you. And again welcome to the the BOC.

13. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Welcome to Oklahoma and the BOC!

The closest water is probably Lake Eufaula, but the best is Sardis Lake near Clayton, some 45 miles to the south. If your taste goes to small rivers, check out the Kiamichi River at Claton Lake, just south of Clayton.

Smaller lakes are numerous as are streams. Trout are stocked in winter at Robbers Cave State Park.

Enjoy Oklahoma's fishing... we do!:smile2:

14. Stoneman187

Stoneman187 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    That is when the wife don't have me working on remoddeling this house, I am almost done with that now thank God. I live by Talihina close to Wilburton . We did great last year and would love to fish with you some day. :wink:

15. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    wister lake is around 30 miles east of wilburton. i have fished it a lot. big crappie, i still think it holds the ok state record flathead 106lb. upper end of the lake is two rivers, poteau, and the fousche maline. it is kind of like a mini eufaula. murky water and a shallow lake. if you want crappie get in the uuper lake and try to find them in the timber. i have also fished eufaula on the lower end. (the muddy end) this is the best fishing lake in oklahoma imho. gaines creek has a lot of crappie in it. i am refering to the actual creek not the arm of the lake. it is just a few miles outside of krebs. good fishing.

16. CHANCE_LIVEWIRE

CHANCE_LIVEWIRE New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    south of wilburton on number 2 little town called yanush fish the buffalo river bridge for crappie, it dumps into sardis lake.

and even on down the road, is a little lake called ninia wahah or (indian princess lake). it used to hold huge numbers of big cats, and crappie as well.

i growed up in wolf center in wilburton, for a while.