Just moved here

Discussion in 'LOCAL WASHINGTON TALK' started by richard dunbar, Oct 7, 2009.

1. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    Hey all, just moved to the arlington area about 30 miles north of seattle and am looking for some advise on all the diff types of fishing in my area. Any and all help is welcome for all spiecies. Be nice to the new guy :wink:

2. tricitycatter

tricitycatter Member

State:
    Washington
    I moved away from that area a few years ago but I can tell you that Salmon & Steelhead are prodominant fish over there. They troll for em on the Puget Sound, once they run in the rivers they drift fish & bobber fish for em. Aside from that there are a mutitude of small lakes they stock with trout, course you could always get on the WA department of fish 7 wild life web page look up lakes & ponds in each county, will list species of fish in it. As of last year WADFW allowed a 2 pole licence on lakes & ponds, web site has a list of lakes & ponds that are exempt (do not allow 2 poles), they cost is double what a normal instate licence costs, also you have to buy saltwater licence if you plan on fishing puget sound , next year they are instituiting a fee for steelhead/salmon card, they are real seriuos about turning in your card wheather or not you catch any species that need to be logged. Hope that helps, I can tell you after Steelhead fishing this year I am totally hooked (pardon the pun).

3. wheeler2441

wheeler2441 New Member

State:
    washington
    I moved away from that area a few years ago but I can tell you that Salmon & Steelhead are prodominant fish over there. They troll for em on the Puget Sound, once they run in the rivers they drift fish & bobber fish for em. Aside from that there are a mutitude of small lakes they stock with trout, course you could always get on the WA department of fish 7 wild life web page look up lakes & ponds in each county, will list species of fish in it. As of last year WADFW allowed a 2 pole licence on lakes & ponds, web site has a list of lakes & ponds that are exempt (do not allow 2 poles), they cost is double what a normal instate licence costs, also you have to buy saltwater licence if you plan on fishing puget sound , next year they are instituiting a fee for steelhead/salmon card, they are real seriuos about turning in your card wheather or not you catch any species that need to be logged. Hope that helps, I can tell you after Steelhead fishing this year I am totally hooked (pardon the pun).