Just Lost The Family Dog

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by H2O Mellon, May 18, 2006.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was working O.T. tonight but got a call from my dad @ 8:50PM. Our faimly dog passed away. He was 10 years old. My mom is taking it pretty hard, then again so is my dad. On my way to my dads cabin 3 hours away to bury him tonight then be back at work come 7am.

Boy, this is pretty hard to deal with. My heart about stopped when my dad called, I ws affraid something happened to one of my kids.

2. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Sorry for the loss of your faithful friend.

3. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    sorry to hear of your loss. a dog is a part of the family.

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Very sorry to hear this Bryan, I don't know what I'll do when we lose our dog, been around here since I was in like Pre-School.

5. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Bryan, my heart goes out to you as you know me and the wife's kids are 4 dogs, a cat,a couple of guinie pigs and 2 horses. Last December, if you remember, I had to put my beagle down after almost 13 years. He was my "first born" and was my best buddy as I went through a divorce, layoffs, mother passing away and who knows what else, so I feel your pain, I cried for hours and hours about knowing i was gonna have to put him down as his prostate cancer was inoperable and he was only getting worse and worse but I took care of his messes with a smile on my face for 9 months and would gladly do it again to have him back. Heck, Im about to start crying again now thinking about him:sad2: :sad2: :sad2:
    Just be glad you didnt have to take him to be put down, the last hour with him was the worst of my life, yeah, worse then when my mother past away even. Not sure why that was but me and the wife are dreading doing it again soon for my other beagle, who is now 12 and still healthy ( thank god) and the wifes horse is 28 so she will be the basket case when that time comes.
    We burried him at the new place in a special place and have a gravestone on order for him. Sure some folks will think that is crazy to think of pets as children but who cares what they think....... Be sure to check out
    www.petloss.com for grieving. Im there for ya buddy, been there, done that....Id hate to be you right now:roll_eyes:

Lets catch some flatties this weekend and keep your mined off of it.

Salmonid

6. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Sorry for your loss.

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Sorry for your loss,I know my animals are part of the family.I really hate to hear that.

8. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    sorry to hear that man, i know i'd cry like a baby if my dog were to die.....

9. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Bryan, Very sorry for your loss brother, we don't have dogs, their our family, they go every where we go. .........

10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sorry to hear about the loss of your dog.

11. Spongiform

Spongiform New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I'm sorry for your loss. Having a beagle myself I can't even imagine the sorrow. It'll be like loosing a best friend.

12. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :sad2: BYRAN I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL .I HAD TO PUT MY GIRL DOWN ALMOST 9 YEARS AGO AND I STILL MISS HER.EVERYWHERE I WENT SHE WENT. DIDN'T HAVE HER BURIED I HAD HER CREMATED AND SITTING ON A SHELF WAITING. FIGURE WHEN I GO SHE CAN BE BURIED WITH ME.MAY SOUND STUPID TO SOME PEOPLE,BUT YOU NOW WHAT. I DON'T REALLY GIVE A CARE.SO YEA I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. THEY HAVE A WAY OF TRAINING US REAL WELL. REALLY REALLY SORRY FOR YOUR LOSE.

13. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Sorry for your loss! I know how painfull it is! I also have a dog that is getting on in years! We all here by the grace of god, for just a little time!

14. pursuing_cats

pursuing_cats New Member

State:
    Clarksville,Tennessee
    Sorry for your loss. If I were to lose one of my dogs I would be devistated.

15. T-man

T-man New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Man mellon, sorry to here that. We had to take our dog i've had all my life and have her put down yesterday too...........MAN IT WAS HARD. I know how you guys feel, i'm going through the same thing.:sad2:

16. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Bryan, I'm so soory to hear about your dog. My husbands dog is 10, and we are aware that we don't have much time left with him. My husband says Veg is one of the last parts of his life as a young man left, and it's true, since he had Veg before he had me and the kids.:sad2:

Hope this helps.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

17. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for the kind words guys. I got in at 5:30am this morning after the trip. It just feels strange today.

18. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    sorry to hear that Bryan. i know all about it:sad2:

19. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have been there, and know what you are going thru, it hurts bad, real bad.

20. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Sorry to hear that. Dogs definitely become a part of the family and are not easy to part with.