Just lookin' for info....

Discussion in 'GEORGIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by CarolinaCatJack, Aug 25, 2008.

1. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    I need to see if I can get some help from all you Georgia boys and gals. I've got family in and around the Pendergrass/Jefferson area and I see them two or three times a year. I've decided that next time I go down, I'm catfishin'. The problem is, I grew up in SC and know nothing about GA waters. I've called them and none of them do much fishing anyway. So here I am, turning to y'all. Where do I go? Where do I put in? Just basic stuff, y'all. Usually when I go that way, I take I-85 across Hartwell, so I know I can go there.

I'd appreciate any information y'all could throw at me. Thanks in advance!

2. jafacman

jafacman New Member

State:
    byron (macon area)georgia
    I would love to help ya but i no nothing about that area but i am invoved with other forums in GA. that may hold some answers ... Check for posts periodically... and dont forget a ga. non resident fishing license:wink:

3. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    It's alright Joe, I appreciate the info anyway. I check the boards pretty regularly M-F. No computer at the house anymore, so I have to check it at work. And thanks for reminding me about the license. It's funny how the smallest things can slip a man's mind.....

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Not too familar with the area, but I will gladly bump this post up so it will get more attention

5. jafacman

jafacman New Member

State:
    byron (macon area)georgia
    Hey mathew did you get that thread in a PM ?

6. Klag

Klag New Member

State:
    Georgia
    While I've never fished there, Hartwell is a Blueback Herring lake, use cut bluebacks for bait and you can't go wrong!

7. altamahajon

altamahajon New Member

State:
    Jesup, Georgia
    From the Jefferson and Pendergrass area you can go NW towards Gainsville and there are multiple parks and water areas to put in and fish from unless you want to go back towards Lake Hartwell. There is also Mistltoe State Park just on the SE side of the other side of Athens Ga. I have fished there and have had some good luck there. Water levels are still some what low due to the drought season but you can still put in and navigate pretty good in most areas.

Attached Files:

8. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Greg, Joe, thanks for the great information. And yes, I did get the info in the PM. Hilljack, thanks for the bump. I've gotten some great info through PM on this matter. Again, thanks all.:cool2:

Greg, I'm glad you mentioned Athens. As you've probably seen already, I'm in Greenwood SC. I could always go through Calhoun Falls into Elbert, across Lake Russell, and into Athens that way. Cool....I'm gettin' excited now!

9. rooster1

rooster1 New Member

State:
    ga banks county
    i live near jefferson and use lake lanier. Its about 30 min from us. I use blue back herring and liver. We usually catch 5 to 8 in the 2 to 6 lb range. There are some monsters in there. Most of the boat ramps are closed but luckily the one closest to us is still open. It is the clarks bridge ramp. Let me know if you need more info. There is one pay lake in jefferson and a night tournament lake there also.

10. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Hey David, much appreciated! I'll tell ya what....next time I come down there, I'll give you a yell. You come up here, you do the same. Deal? :cool2:

11. rooster1

rooster1 New Member

State:
    ga banks county
    yea sounds great by the way watch out for these ga dogs this year ranked # 1

12. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Oh god, here we go....Alright, to apease my Georgia roots...."HOW 'BOUT THEM DAWGS?!?!" Alright....y'all happy now? Read my signature and you'll figure out who I REALLY pull for. Besides, #1 in the PRE-SEASON polls. It'll all be decided during the regular season. Oh, and don't get pissed off, but I have to remind y'all of last year's score:

Tennessee-35
    Georgia-14

Let me go hide before y'all start flingin' crap at me....:smile2:

13. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Oh god, here we go....Alright, to apease my Georgia roots...."HOW 'BOUT THEM DAWGS?!?!" Alright....y'all happy now? :big_smile:

Tennessee-35
    Georgia-14 :angry:

14. Team Hold EM Hook

Team Hold EM Hook New Member

State:
    al
    Rocky Top will always be Home SWEET Home to me Love my coon dogs

Oh yea I usally go to Hartwell,Santee for good fish most of what you catch in Lanier will be
    of the 1-7lb range channel cats

15. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    [Rocky Top will always be Home SWEET Home to me Love my coon dogs]

Me too. Moore County, baby! (Lynchburg, for all you lay people. :smile2:)

[Oh yea I usally go to Hartwell,Santee for good fish most of what you catch in Lanier will be
    of the 1-7lb range channel cats]

Ya know, I've been out on Hartwell before, but never to do any fishing. I always went out to go boating/tubing with the family when I was a kid. As for Santee, God, I don't wanna go there, but I'm gonna anyway...I went back to Santee with some buddies from work at the end of June. Let's just say that we went FISHIN' and didn't do a whole lotta CATCHIN'. As for Lanier, never been there, but I'm definitely willing to give it a shot. NOTE: Looking for a good ol' GA boy to trade fishing trips with. Will fish your lake and you can come fish mine. Who's up fer it?

And bumper.....Don't be a hater. It's all in good clean fun...unless Georgia wins. LMAO!!

16. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Wow, I gotta be missin something, wants info on fishing then he belittleds us on behalf of UGA.:eek:oooh:

17. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    ROLL TIDE...just kidding...GO DAWGS!

18. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    GO BLUE!! let's beat those Utah mormons tomorrow!

19. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Did you know nobody catfishes in Utah?