Just joined Catfish1

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CatsNstripers, Feb 25, 2009.

1. CatsNstripers

CatsNstripers New Member

State:
    Smith Mountain
    Just wanted to say i joined the site. I've heard about it for a long while, just never remembered to check it out. Finally and Glad i did.

A 'lil 411 onme. I live at Smith Mountain lake in virginia. Born and raised, its my home lake.... So hince the name, CatsNstripers. I grew up Catfishing and Striper fishing on SML, so obivisouly its my passion. Although I dont descriminate, if you wanna go perch fishing, i'll go!. I use to fish Claytor lake regular, but not as much as i use to. I' still enjoy getting up there tho for Stripers and Hybrids and that lake has some huge channel cats. But I've switch'd over and been going to Buggs Island alot more now after blues. But Mostly I'm fishing here at home. I fish mostly Flatheads or stripers. I'll also light tackle some channel cats aswell. Do a 'lil crappie fishing or smallmouth fishing now and again aswell. Anyway's, Anyone fishing SML or coming to SML feel free to shoot me a PM and ask any question you like. I'm on the water year round.

Any one see me out. Bone Colored Carolina Skiff Semi-V with a 115 yamaha, thats me.

2. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Welcome to the BOC,, it's a great place..And, Thanks for sharing..:smile2:

3. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Welcome to the BOC Travis, thanks for the intro. Hope you enjoy it here and look forward to your posts.

4. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Travis you done went and messed up!

You invited us, and we eat alot! :smile2:

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Welcome to the BOC, this site is full of good info and great people

6. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    welcome to the BOC you going to love it here

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Travis.

8. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome to the board Travis... Its a great place to be

9. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    welcome to the BOC Travis.

10. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    welcome to the B.O.C Travis :cool2::smile2::smile2:

11. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Here Travis, you need some MOJO Power lol, That is the nicest introduction I've read by a new member. Welcome home brother:smile2:

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Travis Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. Look forward to reading of your fishing trips and seeing the pics of your fish.:0a22::0a25::0a25:

13. ec43146

ec43146 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC from Ohio, hope to read a lot of your posts in the future

14. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    i fish sml some. iussually put in at hardy ramp and fish from there to hales ford or sometimes i'll put in at scruggs or bank fish for cats off the point at scruggs ramp. spring time stripers and cats, summer-flatheads. i mostly fish claytor, your right huge channels and hybrids. i did catch a 31# flat at claytor last year. i'm ussually in a 16' polarkraft bass america.
    chip

15. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    welcome to the BOC.. stick around, your going to like it here..

16. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Welcome to the BOC, this site is full of good info and great people

17. scout

scout Active Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Welcome to the BOC Travis.:006:

18. CatsNstripers

CatsNstripers New Member

State:
    Smith Mountain
    Wow, thanks for all the Welcome's! I dont belive i've been welcomed that much even on my own birthday's. Looks like i found a good bunch of a feller's here.

RiverDawg-1; I see your local to me. And you mention'ed you have a 16' Bass America. I belive I meet you a time or two on Smith Mtn back in Oct. Theres not many of those boats around, but Yourself, I belive and a few other boats were on some busting stripers. I didnt see them until last min. and almost swamped'em. We still had saltwater on our minds, We was just out running some freshwater through the motor from were i'd been at Hatteras Island for a week....... May not have been you though..

But your right RiverDAwg, Claytor has an awesome hybrid fishery, I use to fish at night in Dublin hollow with cut alewives and even liver's off points in the summer time. fishing 15-25ft of water and do well with Hybrids. I use to fish it alot more then what i do now. In May and June, early of the morning I'd drift above the lighthouse bridge with cut alewives. The amount of 9-12lb channels is unreal. Although my biggest channels have came from Smith Mtn, two 13s, a 14, 15, and 18lber and most have them came while Flathead fishing. In Claytor, in Peak Creek From the powerlines up even past conrads is awesome for channel cats to. I've never Flathead fished Claytor much. But now when I go to claytor its mainly for stripers. and here in just a few weeks. Pulling shallow planers way up peak creek with monster Gizzards will be key! Feel free to Hit me up next time you head to Smith Mtn, i'll atleast report to ya what i know's going on..

Anyways I apologize for just rambling on. Good to meet all you feller's. good fishing....

19. 1bluedevil

1bluedevil New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Welcome to the B.O.C. from down here in S.C.
    This is the heartbeat of catmen across the world!

20. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    Welcome to BOC Travis, There are alot of good folks here, from beginners to professionals.