Just Informed about peta in schools

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by chris45601, Aug 1, 2006.

1. chris45601

chris45601 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Ok, I was just informed by one of my wifes little brothers, about peta's activities at a local school they go too. Aparently from my understanding he told the Rep. handing out "comics" about peta and fishing he said very politliy that he fished and hunted regularly and then the peta Rep Started to Hazing him calling him names and etc. This upsets me greatly, this happened just before school let out. So im not sure on how to go about taking action about this but I'm very upset. I have had a long history with peta, A few peta avtivist set are coon dogs free several times (more then 10). I'm really tired of Of this.

2. Curly

Curly New Member

State:
    OHIO
    That irritates me also!!! I really dont know what you could do about the problem. Well, one thing you could do is see if the odnr could visit the school. It would give the children another view about fishing and hunting. The odnr can give statistics about what fishing and hunting does for the fish and wildlife, how it helps them maintain the population. Hope this helps!

3. chris45601

chris45601 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Well, The problem is i live in a country type of town, but for some reason we have the biggest population of peta activist here in schools and town when i find my self coon hunting they would be out in the wood witht here lights telling me i had no right do hunt and its against the general welfare of the racoons or where i catch my blue gills and they seem to be right there. I'm going to see what I can do for the local school system. Plus it kind of scares the boys into not wanting to fish

4. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    brother....i wished i could go hunting or fishing with you one time and let them show up.......:sad2:

5. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    THAT IS MESSED UP

THEM PEOPLE JUST ARE MESSED UP IN THE UPPER STORY....

its all NOT RIGHT WHAT THEY SAY....

they should all be put on a island and never be able to return and never ever shuold they talk to kids or anyone for that matter

6. chris45601

chris45601 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Yes, Its got my hole family in an up roar that these "PETA" guys and girls must use scare factors on the boys. Me on the other hand I've said and did stuff when the came on me up in the wood that i shouldn't of but these guys don't intemmdate me, but the boys Don't know any better so they kind of if'y about going fishing which upsets me a lot. Because i was planning on going fishing and Eric the middle one asked me if it was bad to fish... I said no bub who told you that and then told me the story about what happened just before school got out

7. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    for one if its adult peta pushers you got a right to keep them away from your kids if they harrass you you can sue just for that or get a restraining or against them for harrassment , if these peta come on your property and release your dogs they can be charged with trespassing , best slogan of the year JUST SAY NO TO PETA

8. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    HEY WAIT A MINUTE

ARENT THEY CALLED

TERRORISTS?

thats what they try and do they scare people to believe stuff

in my books IT IS terrorism

9. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I definitley think it is wrong for the to show up in schools. Kids minds are easily influenced and some of the crap that PETA shows could be damaging to the mind of a little kid. If I had a kid in school and they tried to pull that I would have a thing or two to say about it.

10. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Some of the things they want to get rid of in Schools such as the pledge. But will promote propaganda like this.

11. chris45601

chris45601 New Member

State:
    ohio
    O as for tresspassing and etc, Already got several known peta activist on that. Now for those adults being aroudn the boys i keep them far away i just sat them down and had a talk about you should be afraid of fishing or hunting your not doing anything wrong. I basiclly told them to say " I don't push my Hunting and etc on you, Don't push your vegan non hunting ways on me" and walk away now if that doesn't work come find me and i'll deal with it. I was in the navy I have more then earned my right to fish and hunt in peace with out some tree hugger coming up bothing me and following me around ruining it. I'm fed up had it up to my eyeballs, being bothered with petty bs, and i really want to do something about this, and i would really apperisate if i had some backing of the brothers that had problems with peta, i plan on doing it right and legal.

12. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    Chris my first reaction is crak them in the knee cap but this only a quick fix.Take their picture inform the police put their pictures in the public bullitin boards a ot of these people need regular jobs just like us and when their employer finds out they may loose the vigor. If this fails go back to the knee cap technique.

13. chris45601

chris45601 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Good idea brother i will start doing that.

14. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Chris, I think I'd be paying the schools administrator a visit. Also, not sure about Ohio's laws, but in Indiana:

"It is illegal to intentionally interefere with the legal taking of a game animal by another person on public land, or on private land without permission of the landowner".

Call your local CO, and talk to your kids, they'll believe you over a stranger anyday.

Smitty

15. chris45601

chris45601 New Member

State:
    ohio
    The kids have been talked to, They understand that they 're not bad people for fishing.

16. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Go to the School board and file a complaint. No one can call your kids names and harrass them on school property. If they insist on PETA coming to the school, then insist on ODNR coming in with FACTS about hunting and fishing. If they refuse, then make sure your kids are absent when PETA comes in. Then go on up to the state level.
    OR!!! A BOC Gathering on the day the tree huggers show up!:roll_eyes:

17. maverick43812

maverick43812 New Member

State:
    ohio
    id love them to come to my daughters school. id make it a point to go and im sure between me and my daughters love for hunting and fishing im sure before it was said and done with we would both get suspended lol.

If people would leve people be
    and mind there own buisness
    there would be no violence

TRAVIS...

18. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I believe the law is the same here in Ohio. Check the laws out on this Chris and call the sheriff on them the next time they interfere with your hunt!!

19. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    If someone comes on your land to release your dogs. I believe that they need a bit of lead posioning. The picture thing works for a while giving them the attention that they want. If you have someone with a good piece of property start a turkey shoot every other weekend. Maybe have a wild game dinner, they will love that. If some one ruins your hunt, here in ohio the law will arrest them. I say carry a few salt loaded shells for the shotgun and if they start up give them a little seasoning....LOL

20. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    check local laws maybe like Texas if you believe that somebody is attempting to steal from you in any way shape or form you have the right to protect yourself and your belongings.

Just remember what peta really stands for

people
    eating
    tasty
    animals

lol