Just How Well Do the Cheap 3 Way Swivels Hold Up?

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by Tulcat, May 1, 2006.

1. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

When you go through many 3 way swivels rigging jug lines and set lines, you need the biggest and cheapest to be found. And so far that is some nice 3/0 3 way in dozen packs at Academy for me.

Just how tough are they?

Here is one from a jugline I had that was snagged on some submerged tibmer, and we had to resort to wrapping the line around the cleat and use the boat to break the line.

The line snapped at the palomar on the downside of the rig where the line was a bit smaller. Notice the stress the 3/0 3 way took, and still held up.

Attached Files:

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Now Jim, don't get your hopes up... there is an exception to every rule and this may have been it. lol

3. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Darn it! Now I have to go and snag me some more logs :crazy:

4. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Looks like they held up pretty good for ya Jim. I've had bad luck in the past with 3 ways(maybe they were too small) and I don't even use swivels on my jugs. I take about 12 to 18 inches of line then double it and make a surgeons loop. This makes my drops of my line about 6 to 9 inches.

5. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

One of these days I will post the way I tie my jugs... It is intensive but makes for a very modular jug. I also have different types for floating and anchored.

I'll show them to you this weekend with fish hanging off of them, LOL.