Just helping a fellow member

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Kansasgoose, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Kansasgoose

Kansasgoose New Member

State:
    Hoyt, kansas
    As many of you know, CJ(goingfishin) had the misfortune of loosing his boat and all his gear at milford lake not too long ago. a few brave soles when out and tried to find some of the gear a few days ago with some success....
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84036
    The better equipment has not been recovered, and the boat itself was a total loss.

Well enough of the bad news, some good news is that several members here have begun to pool their moneys and have come up with enough to buy three new rods. these members include:

N2fishn- Tom
    Catman73- Darrin
    Grimpuppy- Jay
    Mandingo- Caleb
    Uttatoo- Gus
    Cathunter1978- Keith
    Dsage- Dan
    Rush60- Casey
    Shelbyat1979- Shelby
    Big Vic- Vic
    Mighty thorr- JJ
    River-Rat- Bill
    channelkatman- Donnie

I hope I havnt missed anyone. I want to make a point to mention that Steve Brown, of Safari Rods, was generous enough to offer us three new rods at below cost. Safari rods are a sponsor of this site and were great people to work with. I contacted Steve about what happened and asked if there was anything that could be done, he did not hesitate and offered a lower price.

http://shop.catfishsafari.com/category.sc?categoryId=7

The first rod in the link is the bluecat rod, and I am proud to say that three of them are on their way to CJ. He said that these were what he was using before the boat went down. I'm told they will be delivered either friday or monday.

I hope we can come up with some more donations so that we can also purchase three Abu Garcia 6500 reels. CJ had this combo, and it would be nice to get them for him again.
    http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te... 31&hasJS=true

Thanks again to everyone that has helped make the world a nicer place again after this unfortunate accident. If anyone would like to donate, please let me know.

2. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    James this is great news.
    Steve Brown ( Safari Rods) Is a class act.This is something you dont see much of today.I been wanting to buy some new rods and i dont have to tell you were i'm buying them from.I have bought a lot of tackle from them already with great results...(you know I love the dead red) caught my PB blue cat on it already) and my best channel this yr as also)

Steve i want to say thanks for your support and for helping with one of our BOC members.

3. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    James,thanks for heading this up and getting the ball rolling.much respect.also to steve brown for his generosity,thank you.Tom,i will swear to it that you will not be dissapointed in a CS rod.they will last a lifetime and the quality and durability of the rod are like no other.thanks to everyone for your support and donations

4. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    mine will be mailed tomorrow k hope it helps got$ 20 money order today

5. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    ill ship my monies out monday or tuesday. itll be around 10-15 bucks.

6. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    I am really at a loss for words I cann't beleive how much support I have on this web site. I should have known for the name of it.( Brotherhood of Catfisherman.) I'm not very good at expressing my feelins but I want everyone to know that this will never be forgotten. The generosity is unheard of and unbeleivable. Thanks you to everone, even if it is just for the thought, I am thankful.

7. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    just do me a favor. one of these soon days come fishing with me and uttatoo (gus)

8. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    Funny you say that. Just today Caleb (Mandingo) and I were talking and he told me tha I will have alot of people to take out fishing when I get my new boat. I would gladdly fish with anyone of you guy!!!!!

9. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    dont tempt me i would love get into some good lake action especially blues some day i havnt caught one since i lived in ok

10. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    yea you dont need a boat here. gus can put you on some monster flatties on the river from the bank. im seroious though ya oughta come with us one of these days. gas might be high but ill help pay for it

11. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Y'all are doing a wonderful and unselfish act! That is what the BOC is all about. And Catfish Safari will surely reap many rewards for helping out, from loyal members here!

God bless,
    Cheryl

12. Kansasgoose

Kansasgoose New Member

State:
    Hoyt, kansas
    Just a few more names to add to the list of great people......

Bownero- Mark
    Yeppa- Mark
    Throwsomestink- Shawn
    Willcat- Will
    DougC- Doug

And I got this message from Catman4926, he said it was ok to share with everyone.....

Originally Posted by catman4926
    James,
    I am mailing out a package to CJ to day , it has enough tackle in it to last the rest of the fishing season he should get it monday or tuesday

Catman4926, what a kind thing to do!!!

Thanks again to everyone. People from Alabama, texas, Missouri, and Nebraska are on the list of folks that have pledged to help.

13. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    This is the best bunch of people you could ask for.

And lets not forget Jim & Jerald & Caleb for the time they have spent trying to recover rods/equip where CJ's boat capsized.

Good show everyone!!

14. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    how could you forget Caleb with the shorts he was wearin ?? :smile2:

15. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Jerald and me went up to "The Place" didn't do any good though, to windy to use a boat, so we cast/dragged, all we managed to do was lose a couple more metal stringers:smile2:. By Saturday the lake should be down another foot, so we plan on going back up with a boat, weather permitting. Jerald "volunteered to wade out if we can't take a boat.

16. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I was at the store yesterday and I walked into the produce area to pick up some viggies and when i got close to the carrots I just couldnt force myself to pick them up.:smile2:

I will never look at carrots the same anymore after seeing them shorts.:crazy:

17. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Jim - I will give ya a call Saturday and meet up with you to help. I made a drag line to try out. Maybe it will do some good.

18. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    well thank god i was'nt wearing my bananna hammock or you might not ever be able to eat fruit again either:smile2:

19. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    :smile2::smile2::smile2:

20. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Jay,
    How'd you do last night? Get wet:smile2:, we did before we got back to the boat ramp, sure glad we "out ran":roll_eyes: that lightning though.
    Had some pretty good bites, no fish though.