Just had a good ol' time tonight.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jlingle, May 20, 2007.

1. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Have you ever just needed to let your hair down and have a good time? Man, after a stressful period at work and having to bury my favorite grandparent..... I kinda did.

Tonight, I took my wife and son to a rodeo in Vernon, TX. We got to see a good smalltown rodeo, complete with tough bulls, competetive team roping, fast barrel racers, and fantastic saddle bronc riders. My son thoroughly enjoyed it all (he's only 5) and was completely thrilled at the bullriding event, even though nobody in the short-go made a qualified ride. We got to see small-town america at its very best.... clowns, cowboys, carnival, junk food, and folks of all ages enjoying themselves.

We dropped my son off with the in-laws and made our way across the street to a concert. We met up with old friends and played pool while listening to the sounds of Johnny Cooper (an up & coming red dirt artist) and we just enjoyed ourselves by playing pool and drinking keg beer. We got to play pool for a few hours with a couple of the saddle bronc boys from the rodeo (they thoroughly stroked our hineys) and told lies and bad jokes the whole while. After a stressful week at work, it was a fantastic time just enjoying ourselves while spending time with good friends and listening to good music.

I know, it's kind of a stupid thing to post about but for some reason I thought it important that the brotherhood got to see the inner-workings of my silly little mind tonight. I think of you folks as family, and for some reason I couldn't wait to get back here and write about what a great time I had tonight. I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Stay safe and may your lines always be stretched by the biggun.

2. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Sounds like you all had a ball. Sometimes ya gotta let the hair down and enjoy your self. Thanks for sharing.

3. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Sounds like a great time.Took the family out tonight also ,food and movie it was fun.But Ill be back out on the water next weekend:wink:

4. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Nothing like enjoying your self and sounds like you had a great time. :smile2:

I also like rodeos.