JUST GOT STATIONED IN PHILLY

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by USCGBOY, Jul 29, 2009.

1. USCGBOY

USCGBOY New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    I'M IN THE USCG AND I JUST GOT STATIONED IN PHILLY. I'M FROM MISSOURI AND HAVE CAUGHT A LOT OF CHANNEL CATS IN MY DAY BUT NOW I'M IN PHILLY AND OUT OF MY NICHE. LOOKING FOR SOME PLACES TO GO FISH AND WHAT BAIT TO USE HOW YOU RIG AND JUST LOOKING FOR A LITTLE HELP NEVER CAUGHT A FLATHEAD BEFORE BUT WOULD MAKE MY YEAR TO GET ONE LIKE SOME OF YOU GUYS JUST LOOKING FOR A LITTLE HELP GETTING SETTLED IN PHILLY AND FISHING ALWAYS HELPS ON THOSE LONG DAYS.
    THANKS FELLAS

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I can get you out on the Delaware. Just send me a PM. :wink:

3. Welcome to PA Spencer, and the BOC.:wink:

4. moose22dog

moose22dog New Member

State:
    YINZERBURGH,PA
    first welcome to the campfire spencer, and i just want to say thanks for your service. now as far as where to fish i can't help you there i live in the pittsburgh on the other side of the state. but i can help you with rigs and bait's, atleast what i have learned and has worked for me. flats will eat just about any live fish they can fit in there mouth(and some they can't fit). but the three most common bait's are: bluegills,crek chub's, and sucker's. now they will eat cut bait but just make sure it's fresh nothing stinky like the shit channel's hit. and as far as rig's go i use a sinker slide on my main line then tie the main line to a barrel swivel, then from the swivel i have a 10-14 inch leader on a 6/0-8/0 hook. you can use either a circle, live bait, j, octupus, or whatever hook your use to. and for sinkers u can use: no roll egg,disc,trolling,bank,egg,pyamiad. from 1-6 oz i would say, but i'm not familar with the rivers over that way. i hope this help's and i'm sure some guy's from over that way will write a post on here. there's a lot of good guy's on this site that will help you out. also take some time and look though this whole site, there's hours and hours of info on here, you are not the first guy to ask this. hell i was in your shoes last year asking the same..lol. well tight lines bro...justin:cool2: one more thing turn you cap lock off look's like your...YELLING:smile2:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  5. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Welcome to the BOC Spencer!:0a25:.Your in good company over there with the east side boys!:big_smile:

6. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Welcome to the BOC

7. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    :0a25:to the B.O.C.

8. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Welcome to Philly, Home of the World Series champions Philadelphia Phillies:cool2: and the worst QB in the NFL Donavan McNabb! I wouldn't go to any of their sporting events, you may be liable to get your head kicked in by the worst sports fans in the world. Only the English soccer Hooligans can outdo these fellas!:big_smile:

Philly is great place to be if you enjoy fishing. We have the Mighty Schuylkill in our backyard. Plenty of "bait-sized":wink: smallies and if you use them as bait you have a really great chance of catching a flathead catfish.

You can fish the Big D! During the spring, the massive stripers run up that river from the ocean to spawn. Big channel cats are in there if you know the spots. And lately, the flatheads have started getting caught by bassfisherman so it'll be another 3 to 5 years before the infestate themselves in that river.

Only about 1 hour to an 1 hour and a half is the Jersey Shore (Atlantic Ocean). There you can catch the 6 basic species of striped bass, blackfish, seabass, weakfish, bluefish, and fluke.

Philladelphia, the only place in the world where you can catch a invasive northern snakehead and invasive flathead catfish in the same day!:crazy:

PS: If your are looking for bass, you are moving to the wrong state!:wink::smile2:

9. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    Nice way to explain it Tan I like it:cool2:

10. I'll take ya Smallmouth bass fishing on my stretch in November and change that tune bro.:wink:

And Shawn will show ya where some 20+" Largemouth Hawgs are.....:eek:oooh:

11. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P

That's a DATE!

I'll mark it in my calendar!:cool2:

12. Bigfish4me

Bigfish4me New Member

State:
    Conshy Pa

We can do that......nothing like watching a 5 lb largemouth eat a softball sized bull frog:wink:.....They always try and make it to the bottom...silly frogs....they never make it:smile2:

13. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Welcome to the BOC and thanks for all you do for us!