Just got some DK's!

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by Gibbzilla, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Haven't tried it out yet, but I got the original kind, and it stinks ta high heaven! I've never had any luck with stink bait, but everyone here talked about how good it was so I thought I'd give it a try. From what I understand, you pretty much have to use a treble hook, right? Also, does it have to have a spring?

2. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    The spring will help hold the bait on, also they sell some treble hooks with sponges, also look on this site at the looper rigs. Dks is a dip bait correct or am I thinking about something else?

3. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I would try loopers rigs, a sponsor of the site. Sponges on treble hooks or something. Check em out and let us know how you do.

4. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    Just a plane trebble hook is all you need the bait stays on real good. Don't worry about the springs or other stuff. Good luck with the DK it is grate.

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Larry is right. All you need are some trebbles. I like to keep mine in the ice chest during hot times like we are having. When it gets warm, it tends to soften. I also like to tie a piece of thread around it a few times for added holding power. Let us know how you do.

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

about how long did it take to receive your order? I just ordered mine last night and can't wait to try it out.

7. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    I walked into Wal Mart and found some, I didn't order it. I think I'm trying it out tommorow night. I wanted to tonight, but a thunderstorm stopped me. :confused2:

8. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

thans rother They don't carry it in stores here yet, it would be nice though. If wally world there is carrying it they may be testing the market for national sales that would be great for all parties

9. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I just ordered and received a gallon from " The Red Barn Bait & Tackle" located in Texas. Very fast service! I just ordered some Looper rigs, might not need them with the DK's , but thought I would have them available just in case. Good fishin', Jack.

10. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Hey Jack, next time you order some up, Give Tim Hagan a shout. He is a member and sponsor on here. He gives a discount to BOC members.. Probably save you some $$ and with the gas prices the way they are, every bit helps :embarassed:

11. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    I just got some yesterday and I can't wait to use it. I'm just gonna use treble hooks like the label says.

12. haroldlp

haroldlp New Member

State:
    IN
    I can vouch for what DK's will do, got some 3 weeks ago and the pic is of our first night fishing with it. We usually use 2 poles each and ended up pulling 2 out for a while when we were getting hit on all 4 at once.

Attached Files:

13. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I ordered mine from Tim as well. Took 7 days.

14. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Thanks for the tip on the tackle store:smile2: I pulled Red Barn up on the web and found that they have the cheapest prices around so far. There delivery charges are the cheapest too. Big thanks Georgiajack:smile2: :smile2:

15. Fishnhuntforever

Fishnhuntforever New Member

State:
    Northern California
    Just got my order in will post when get the results!

16. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Dk is some good stuff but all I ever get are little eaters and Im okay with that .Hog wild has worked better for biger cat's for me.........

17. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    I'm not worried about big cats on my dk's. I have live/cut bait rigged on another rod for that. I once again don't get to go fishin tonight, but I'm goin to a Texas Rangers game to see their new outfielder Carlos Lee play. :big_smile:

18. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I ordered my DK's with eater cats in mind. If I want something like a trophy flat, I'm using a big live bait. I found the Red Barn to be good folks to deal with on my order of DK's. They do have a good price, but also, the shipping time was fast. That means a lot to me.They have my business, and I'm in Georgia. Good fishin', Jack.

19. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Don't yall got DK in the store's up there???We got it everywhere here even wal-mart has it....