Just Got it

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by catfishingabber, Jun 17, 2006.

1. catfishingabber

catfishingabber New Member

State:
    California
    Just got my order of DK Punch Bait Just in time for my trip tonight hope this stuff works in so. cal waters

2. catfishingabber

State:
    California
    well went out on saturday night stayed from about 9:00 to 4:30 in the morning got 3 cats about 1 1/2# to 3# 2 on dk punch bait and 1 on meal worms and marshmellows got about 4 or 5 hits but iam still getting the timing down for catfish they for sure are not like other fish i have gotten i really didnt relize they hit till it was to late they just spit out my hook and kept the bait lol. i will post pics as soon as my wife get them back from walmart just thought id tell you guys how it went

Rob

3. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    congrats on the cats catfishingabber! yeah they sure do hit like no other fish. i think thats why everyone loves em so much.:big_smile:

4. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Good deal Rob. Glad to hear you got into some cats! They are fun aren't they?

5. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Hey cat was you use a treble hook with the Dk. If so and they are hitting light like that try a smaller hook size. It maybe that they have alot of feed in the water at this time and dont really dont like the bigger baits. I fish DK most of the time with 2/0 may will step down as low as #4 when they hit like that. Maybe next time put out 2 or 3 different hook sizes and see if that helps out with the bites.

6. mdudes17

mdudes17 New Member

State:
    Chicago, Illinois
    what flavor of DK punch bait were you using?

7. catfishingabber

State:
    California
    i got the blood flavor