Just got home

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by AzHeadHunter, Sep 11, 2009.

1. AzHeadHunter

AzHeadHunter New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Hey list,

Sorry I haven't been posting lately. On my last fishing trip I was abducted by aliens and we just returned to good mother earth. Oh, sorry I'm still dreaming... LOL

Since we're all talking about myth's, legends, etc. Have you guys ever witnessed anything crazy while fishing? I've seen some crazy things in the sky but I'm not going to say the were aliens.

I've heard weird noise's that freaked me out, not sure the sounds were???
    I've seen someone get shot thru the mouth at Horse Shoe.
    We rolled a truck at Horse Shoe River and all most lost two of my cousins that got stuck in the cab as it rolled 200 yards down river.

What are some of your crazy fishing stories???
    And I don't want to hear that you got bit by a snake. (Gwillie)

Yours in the sport....
    JD

2. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    That spot I took you to that one night can get a lil freaky. One night there, there were these two guys who pulled up to me and Vinny, and said we were crazy for fishing there at night cause "hoofman" was gonna get us, he spent about 30 minutes trying to convince us that he was real, while passing a joint between the two of them. I figure my Glock 40 can take hoofman, so I dont worry about him. That spot can get weird though, tons of noises, people talking, Plus someone drown right in front of me and my son one time at that spot., I know i have been a lil nervous there, and so has bigfisher17, and overkil, while by themselves waiting for us to show up.I was there last night with one of my best friends, and he says Im nuts for fishing there by myslef, we kept hearing footsteps of a person.
    Then last San Carlos trip, Gwille, Brian, Jason, and I all saw something weird. It was a orange light that was not a firework, that was over the lake for about 2 hours, then all the sudden it split in two, and fell out of the sky. We alll four saw it.
    For all you lower Salt River fishers, watch out for those wild horses, they are crazy and care less where you fish, plus they are mean. They do make a lot of noise, and unless you know there are wild horses out there, they can freak you out, especially when it is 2am, by yourself, and 30 horses decide to go play in the water a couple hundred yards away from you, and you cant see them, but you sure can hear all kinds of rucus in the water down stream!
    How about the first time you came across a beaver and you heard him slap his tail in the water at night time, and sounds like a 400 pound rock being thrown in the water? That got my goat years ago on the verde.
    By the way Welcome home bro! cant wait to go out with ya again sometime. We are doing an all nighter Tuesday night if you wanna go, to another freaky spot.

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Every year I always see some strange lights in the sky but have written it off as government business.

4. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    i seen a guy get ran over by his own boat out at bart it was a power boat and him and his buddies were on the boat drinking and he was sittin on the lower unit while the boat was runnin and one of his buddies kicked the boat in gear and the prop cut him from mid thigh all the way up his chest. thay had to airevack him out i dont know if he lived but the shore was coverd with blood

5. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    Hey man that snake was huge! The biggest snake I ever been bitten by
    but for real those lights at san carlos were pretty strange. I never seen lights in the sky fly in the angle pattern those lights were then it split in two! Crazy!

6. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    About 4 years ago me and my best friend was catfishing from the 2nd dock at canyon had a full stringer of little channel cats we seen some carp and was trying to mess with them when something hit the end of the dock so hard my buddy went into the water and got right back out and it knocked the dock at a pitch we left that spot in a hurry. we went back the next morning and it was still cocked a little. i went and checked it out about a week later and it was perfect.
    Now this one i need help on my wife, two friends, and i where at canyon about a month ago swimming having fun about midnight at boulder we where having a good time and turned towards the cliff jumps and it looked like a white maybe yellow kayak we coming towards us fast it was about 100 yards away so we got out of the water and all of us watched it turn towards the 2nd bridge then dunk underwater never seen it again..... anyone have any ideas?

7. jasonhumble7

jasonhumble7 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Hey those lights we saw at san carlos that they are talking about were un explainable. The pattern they flashed was weird then just disapeard

8. fishfun

fishfun New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Never seen anything as strange as you all are describing, but I did have two eight point bucks come up on us a roosevelt about 25 feet away and start drinking water.

9. Az Birddog

Az Birddog New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az.
    I love hearing these kind of stories but now I know that I'm never going fishing overnight by myself. Scarrry.:crazy:

10. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC
    Since we are telling stories, when I first moved here I lived in Somerton near the border and hit one of the small canals near by. It was just me and my bud late one evening or early night which ever you prefer, when about 30 minutes past of us wett'n a hook I heard a splash about 15 yards to our left that freaked us out to high heaven. We fumbled for a light and as we found it, what ever it was had already reached the bank of the far side and up it went. Don't know what it was! Probably a Chupacabra!!!:embarassed: I don't fish there anymore!!:crazy:

11. Overkil

Overkil New Member

State:
    Arizona
    i second that...funny how the spots can look as cool as can be during the day but once you lose daylight, it's a whole different place...but I do have to say, Rob's Glock 40 does have a calming affect...instills a certain sense of comfort. :smile2:

12. flathead-40

flathead-40 New Member

State:
    arizona
    I have been at a couple of spots on bart and the river and had a big splash in the wee hours. Was kind of spooky!

13. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Around 3 years ago I was fishing alone up on the rez. It was around 1:00 am I was crappie fishing while I had my cats poles out. I had strung up one of the crappies on the side of the boat because it was to big to go in my basket. It had been very quiet for hours when all of sudden something ripped my crappie and stringer and all off the side of the boat. It was one of those metal type stringers and that ''scared the crap out of me''. :crazy:
    That's just one story for now

14. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    u know what thats funny cause i had the same thing happen to me up at rosie but i had a full stringer of crappi 2 on each clip and i had my boat ancored out away from shore about 15ft and when i got up the next morning half of the stringer was broke off. i just thought mybe a flaty come up and grabbed it

15. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    My first thought was a big Flathead but it could of been a snapping turtle, an otter or maybe even a beaver??????

16. cat-tracker

cat-tracker New Member

State:
    arizona
    I had a similar situation, it happen back in 2002 fishing below Horseshoe Dam. We were fishing all night with little luck so we both started to doze off, then all of a sudden we heard the loudest splash like someone pushed a huge rock over the cliff. I quickly grabbed my mag lite to see what happen, and saw where it hit the water, it was right in the middle of the river. Whatever it was, you had to throw that rock at least 50 yards to hit where I saw it. I kept shining my light on the cliffs but could not see anything. My buddy and I were definitely awake and we could not comprehend what happen, maybe a meteorite, we just don't know and decided to call it quits.
    I had other weird things happen like we were in the middle of no-man’s land fishing couple miles below Bartlett Dam, not a soul in sight, we were paddling down river and heard rustling sounds coming off the bank in some tall weeds, first I thought were otters because I've seen them below Bartlett before, but it sounded much bigger, then I thought deer, or wild burros, so I kind of blew it off. We started getting closer to where the rustling originated and then we heard a rock splash in the water just in front of us. Then I thought someone was messing with us, but we did not see or hearing anyone at all. The only way getting back where we were at was by canoe/kayak or atv/motorx or 4x4. We banked the canoe and went to investigate but could see or hear anything in the thick weeds. Whatever it was, it didn't want us there, so we left and went fishing elsewhere.

17. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    i sure hope them aliens didnt give u an exam:eek:oooh:

18. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    :smile2:

19. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    My wife and i where fishing rosie last year at grapevine boat launch about when the sun was completly down we heard rocks coming down the side of the mountian there and sounded like someone falling down the cliff i jumped in my car flipped on the brights and seen a big bear dont know what kind of bear but our night of fishing was quickly haulted.
    also when the water was way way down and you could swim to the little island there we went over there and was fishing when we packed up to swim back about 6 wild pigs came down the cliff ad kept messing with us when i ran up to the water they would run about 40 yards id get in the water and start swimming they would come all the way up to the edge of the water...
    not weird things or unexplainable just something to mention.

20. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    there is a big ass river otter below horseshoe to i have seen him in that little cove next to the pipes a couple times