Just got home from work!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by splitshot, Jun 2, 2007.

1. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    You are not going to believe what they had me doing tonight!!!:lol: As some of you know i took a new job recently as a handy man-- witch encompasses just about everything you can imagine. The job is at a ranch type resort here in Lake Luzerne. When i got to work today, with no explanition i was asked if i could cook. Without thinking i said sure i can cook. What i didnt know was that the short order cook for the bar got fired. So myself and the owner did the cooking up untill ten thirty tonight.Actually it was kinda fun and a totally new experience for me and most importantly no complaints from the customers.:lol:

2. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    sounds like you did good and had some fun too. Never had a job cooking before.

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Can I get a dozen wings to go!:big_smile::eek:oooh::smile2::roll_eyes::cool2:

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Steve ,that just goes to show we all have usefull talents we dont use often enough ,glad for ya as I have had to fill in in that position also a time or two however mine was to cook 67 chicken fried steaks for a couple of basketball teams that were here for a tourney .way back in my younger years .

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Sounds good to me. When,not if we get together to wet a line,I'll let you do the cooking...:big_smile::lol::lol::lol:

6. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Your new sounds like fun. I bet you'll meet some interesting folks there.

7. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Yup its a interesting job to say the least. I made a elderly woman a cheese burger last night, she said it was the best burger shes had in years. All i did was make it the way you used to get them years ago, lotsa cheese, raw onion, tomato, lettuce and when you bite into them the juice runs down you hand.:lol: Im going to try to get them to put chicken fried steak with milk gravy and biscuits on the menu, my wife is going to have to show them how to make it. They've never heard of it-LOL-- Yankees just dont know how to eat proper food!!:big_smile: Next week the canoes come in and the boss wants me to do some fishing to check out the fish population. Rough job, but someone has got to do it. :lol:

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Splitshot that qualifies you as the "All around Man". Glad you enjoyed what you were doing. :big_smile:

9. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Yep, it is hard to complain while loosing you supper in the bathroom, LMAO!!!

10. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    glad u had fun!

11. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sounds like you did a good job.

When they ask you if you can plunge a toilet, run. lol

12. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    That possibility did cross my mind!!:big_smile:

13. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Tell the owner that you went beond the caal of duty and three weeks paid vacation would be a good bonus:smile2:. Glad you enjoyed it. Its always good to be able to have a little change on the job:wink:

14. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Harrison TN
    Name:
    Eric Maurer
    Great job, Splitshorts! No lawsuits! Oh wait, it's Sunday and they don't serve summons until tomorrow! Seriously, I'm glad you got something you like for a job!

15. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    It's good to see that you rose to the occasion. I think you just redefined the "handy" in handyman.

-- Rich

16. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Splitshot: I worked a college cafeteria for two years to pay bills. I have some good secret tips on how to handle any of those Yankees if they pull your Southern chain wrong. It cuts down on the tips though.

17. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA

18. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ya see folks, this just proves my point! You never know who is preparing your food! In this case we have a retired truck driver/handyman? A southerner, who may or may not have a green card and work visa for the north country. The only apron he is use to is either on the road side or full of nails! :eek:oooh:
    If you venture out this summer and find your self at a resort near Lake Luzerne in the dinner, take a peek through the serving window before you order. If you see old Split shot behind the grill:002:, take care to lift the bun on your cheese burger or scrape the gravy back on that southern fried steak you might find a Brillo pad or some tire rubber:0a5:. Sometimes a 60 year olds mind gets confused:confused2:, and forgets just what job they are doing! I don't like the idea of Steve going out on the lake alone either:0a22:. If he forgets where he is at and gets lost trying to catch a catfish, well, they just might be looking for another cook! :0a10:

19. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Now that was funny Jack:lol: Thanks for the laugh:big_smile:

20. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Steve, I'll take 3 Hen bullets,Sunny side Up,and a Side of Sow Belly.And Be Quick about it. LOL J.D.
    :beat_shot: