Just got done with 3 5 gallon buckets of blood

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by rodenberg, Sep 24, 2007.

1. rodenberg

rodenberg New Member

State:
    missouri
    just wanted to say thanks to those who gave tips on blood. I just got done with three, five gallon buckets. ended up with about five gallons of bait. its all cut seasoned and in the freezer. oh ya I have a tip wear rain gear

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Let us know the results Jessie. :0a31: in hearing how you did it and if it works well....

3. grillking

grillking New Member

State:
    omaha, nebraska
    well done. post us your results on using the blood. been thinking about trying it myself.:0a23:

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Let us know how it works for you as some of the others have stated. I've threatened to try it but thats as far as it's went so far:eek:oooh:. I do know the blood guys do well in tournaments that they are in so i know it works well for drifting.

5. rodenberg

rodenberg New Member

State:
    missouri
    I am going try it on L.O.Z. in a couple weeks. I talked with a few guys in kansas at the classic that used it and they seemed to do well. it's all new to me though. I just got an old fridg took the shelves out. got some blood from th elocal locker and let it sit for about 4 days. I drained the juice of every day. then this evining I put a piece of plywood on some saw horses and gently dumped the bucket (one at a time) out on it. the bottom seamed to be the best. I cut the big lump into 2inch buy 5 to 7inch pieces layered them in a smalled bucket put salt on one layer and brown suger on the next. then I put them in freezer. was a dang mess I wore my rubber boots and rain bibs. smells great too

6. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    WHEEEEW!!! Glad to hear you were making bait,I thought maybe you had come up with a new "How to get rid of your Mother-in -Law " scheme.:big_smile::eek:oooh::wink:Might be a good market!!!!!:big_smile::eek:oooh: