Just got back...

Discussion in 'Trout Fishing' started by massa_jorge, Feb 17, 2007.

1. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    just got back from trout fishing a local pond, we caught 37. there were four of us fishing so we only came home with 20. that's about average for this particular place, but what was cool is i caught one cutthroat. i have been catching the little stockers for years, and they have always been rainbows. i thought it was cool anyway. the fish ran 12-16 inches, with a few 8-10 here and there.
    i need to get another digital camera so i can start posting pics again!

2. steveg442

steveg442 New Member

State:
    missouri
    congrats jordan. sounds like a fun time. I'm waiting for the big thaw to happen. Our lakes had been ice covered for three weeks now. Next weeks looks promising. What did you use for bait?

3. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    went out again yestrday and did the c&r thing but kept our limits. we caught 41 trout, and 2 more cutthroats. we caught 4 that were 16 inches to 17 inches. great fight on an ultralight!
    oh yeah, i am using biscuit dough for bait. any buttermilk recipe has been kicking butt for us. i like pillsbury the best. i mean the trout do!
    i make a chum out of corn for the trout. gets them feeding right out in front of you. drain a can of corn. crush a clove of garlic, then smother it in cooking oil, all in a ziploc bag. put the corn in the bag and throw it in the fridge overnight. throw a couple of handfulls of that out15-20 feet in front of you, then fish over that area.
    i use the corn as an attractant, haven't had as good of success with it as i have the dough, but the dough can help you keep the feeding frenzy going!