Just got back from Yatesville

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catfisherman_eky3, Jul 1, 2006.

1. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I went fishing at Yatesville at Rich Creek and I had a good night, air was good and warm, and not real windy. I fished with some bait I made I cut up first bonelesse chicken breast, and in the other bag I had chicken breast flavored in Garlic Salt, and Orange flavored chicken breast, and cherry flavored hot dog weeners well they was biting real good, I had 3 poles out on bottom, and caught around 15 cats in one night most of them was real small and a couple about 5 pound. So I let them go to grow bigger, but it was the best night ive had all year fishing.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

sounds like you had a good time. With a little luck you might get into some monsters. I tried raw bacon today and it caught some cats about like you caught you might try this next time.

3. KYTRAPPER

KYTRAPPER New Member

State:
    Floyd county,KY
    Which section is Rich creek?

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I hope to get up to Yatesville this year.I went last year and didn't do any good.I live close to an hour from there.Congrats on the catches!!!

5. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I wish fishing from a the bank at the boat doc, i went on up the road lil ways where they have some trees down in the water and fished on bottom I took another type of bait the other day up there garlic salt in chicken breast and let it soak for a few minutes and caught about 10. I caught all of my fish though up there after about 12. They started hitting good, have you all ever fished at that part.