Just got back from the Santee-Cooper

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by JKrupp, Mar 1, 2009.

1. JKrupp

JKrupp New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I just got home tonight from our trip to Lake Moultrie, the lower lake of the Santee Cooper. The bite was really slow, we only caught 11 fish over two 8 hour days. Our biggest fish was only a 12 lber. It was still a good time to be in the boat in 75 degree weather but I still wish we would have caught more. I did see some of the other boats come in with some big fish, the one boat brought in a 50 lber and a few 30's. It could have been a better trip but it definately could have been worse.

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well atleast you got to take a trip and catch some fish! LOL.. I didn't get to go anywhere this winter, wife is pregnant and money is tight.. Congrats on the trip bro..:wink: rollo

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Josh, I know you would like to have caught more fish, but this weather moving in made it awful tough for most people this weekend that I've talked with. I hope it won't discourage you from coming back to Santee Cooper. I went to the James River in Virginia once for a weekend, and landed only 1 fish, but still had a ball, chalked it all up to experience. Fishing can be like that, ya know; no guarantees...:wink:

4. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That should cure the cabin fever till spring gets here!!!!!!!! I wouldn't mind a dose of it.

5. JKrupp

JKrupp New Member

State:
    Ohio

I think the next trip will be to the James. Its hard to spend a grand on a fishing trip to come up empty and want to head back you know

6. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    At least you got to fish some exceptional water, alot of people would give there body parts to go down there. Some fish are better than none, and it could have been worse, you could have been down there now looking at the snow storm that just hit Georgia..