Just got back from Missouri fishing trip

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by Burwell40, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Burwell40

Burwell40 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Went to Warsaw, MO last Wed-Sun fishing Thur-Sat. Had a good time though the bite wasn't that great. Weather went from 81 on Thursday to 30 something on Friday with wind and rain to boot. Caught 10 or so on Thursday with a 12 and a 15 lber for bigs. Friday was a bad deal with cold, wind, rain and not a single bite.
    Saturday, weather broke with sunshine. Cold in the morning, but bearable conditions. My boat caught 10 with a 15 and 25 lber for bigs. Had a 15 lber up to the boat but it was tangled with two other lines. He ended up breaking my leader but the reason I couldn't drag him close enough to net is because the 25 lber. was pulling the line it was tangled up in. It was quite a circus, but we ended up boating the 25 lber. I'll try to post a pic after a bit.

Mike.

2. Burwell40

Burwell40 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Here's a pic, I hope.

Attached Files:

3. Burwell40

Burwell40 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I'm the guy who's smiling. The guy who looks like a frickin retard is the famous KCRG weather spotter, Elmer B.

4. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Glad to hear somebody's catching fish. So you're the one on the right?:big_smile:

5. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    awesome and funny picture. nice catches!

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Great catches happy to hear someone is havingsome luck catching those kittys. Of course you have to go before you can catch something and I haven't been for awhile. Congrads on your great catches.

7. TomV

TomV New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Missouri
    Thanks for the report and the photo. And congratulations on a good fishing trip.

8. Pylodictis Olivaris

Pylodictis Olivaris New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Mike,

that boat in the background looks familiar...did you guys by chance hook up with Steve Brown of catfishsafari.com? Just curious, I am booking a trip with him in January and that kind of looked like the advertisment he has on the side of his boat for midwest marine.

Anyway, sorry about the weather but at least you still ended up with some fish. Thanks for the pics!

9. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Congrats Mike, and thanks for shareing. J.D.

10. just cats

just cats New Member

State:
    Leslie Missouri
    The bite wasn't that great ? You caught twenty fish in two days including a 12, two 15s, and a 25 plus another 15 that got away. Man, I'm definitly doing something wrong cause that's great fishin in my book. Anyway congrats on the nice fish . Sounds like things got real exciting there for awhile when the two lines got tangled.

11. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    congrats on the catch.thx for posting.

12. Burwell40

Burwell40 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I guess I get a little grumpy when the temp drops 50 deg. in a day while I'm on my 3 day fishing trip...:lol:

To the other query, that was a guide's boat in the background. Ant it was, indeed, that guide you thought.