Just got a great idea...

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by catman529, Oct 20, 2006.

1. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I just got an idea for a catfish bait cocktail. You will need a cast net. Before you fish, throw your net in places where different baitfish will be. Try to get at least 4 different species of fish that catfish will eat. Get a few of each.

When you are ready to fish you should fish the same lake where you got the bait. Select one of each of the baitfish and cut a small chunk off of each one. Cut off the heads, tails, sides, wherever you want to cut and string them one at a time onto a large Kahle. You could tip it with guts if you want. For example: Shad head, bluegill meat, skipjack tail, bullhead meat, tipped with sucker guts. Sounds like something the cats would like.

I have never done this. Let me know if you try it, what combinations you used and how it worked.

thanks

Catman

2. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Oh im sure that would work , But sounds like a lotta work lol.

3. amatuer cat catcher

amatuer cat catcher New Member

State:
    NC
    for one yes it does sound like alot of work but i also think its pretty pointless because you could you just a gill or just a skipjack and get the same effect

4. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    yeah but Id laugh if he was on to something and it caught fish by the dozens. Point being you never know, fish can be as weird as people when it comes to eating habbit's- one day one thing, next day the next.

If you havent tried it,you don't know.

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

buffet hook, sounds like it would work. It had all of the bases covered.

6. waitinforwhiskers

waitinforwhiskers New Member

State:
    Port Lavaca, Texas
    doesnt sound stupid to me actually it sounds like it would work good if you could catch that many differnt baits in one area

7. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    How about three hooks... one with cut bait, one with liver, and one with crawler or whatever you choose? Bet they'd nibble away at the chicken liver tho... that seems to make for lots of false alarms.

I think it's worth a try!

8. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    well, I guess it would work;, Ive heard of people catchin cats on bread, cheese, and meat, so I was thinkin of doin somethin like that, puttin on some bread, cheese, meat, and another piece of bread, maybe some mustard or horseradish, kinda like a fish sandwich, it covers all the bases

9. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    sounds good to me.giver a try and let us know how it works im always open for new ideas.

10. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    Don't knock it until you tried it. When it comes to catfish, anything goes.