Just got a boat

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by barbel, Apr 18, 2006.

1. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Well, my family just got a new 17 foot Lowe boat, and we were thinking about taking it out on the lake sometime this pre-spawn. Are there any good places around Olathe (I can probably go as far as Hillsdale reliably) that would be good for prespawn flatheads? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

:0a36:

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Barbel,

CONGRATS on getting the new boat.

3. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    hey dude.
    if you cant go anywhere farther than hillsdale i would just go to hillsdale. i thought you told me your boat was an 18 footer?

4. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Let's go get it stuck on the KAW:) Put in at Eudora and head straight downstream, won't take ya long to come to a standstill(if it's a V). Sand makes your prop nice and shiny;)

5. lakeith

lakeith New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Mo.
    Congrats Barbel, hope you get it out more than i get mine out. I got 2 little ones under 3yrs old so makes it tough on the wife to go fish all day.

6. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    LOL I might have to go down and do that, Charlie. Might take me a little longer to get it stuck though since mine is a flatbottom (mostly) :rolleyes: . I would like to take it out on the Kaw sometime though. Are there any boat ramps that you know of that are close to Olathe or KCK (although thats not really somewhere I would want to leave my car)? And for that matter, are there any spots on the river that you like to fish? Hope Im not asking too many questions.

By the way, thanks for all the help everyone :)

7. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    that one place that my dad took us that one time dude, even though you can just drift down stream and look for a better spot to fish. but your gonna take me right? XD im just messing with ya.
    :big_smile_2:

8. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    The closest ramp on the Kaw to Olathe is Cedar Creek in Desoto. Although you can almost never launch there as the river has to be up for you to be able to get out of the creek and into the river. The ramp in Eudora or the new ramp on Wooden road would be your closest options.