Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Just getting back on this site

651 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Bill in SC 
#1 ·
Hello my fellow catfish brothers. I've been away from this site for several months now. Had alot of medical problems that have kept me from going fishing on the boat. Since I couldn't get out, I decided not to torture myself by reading fishing reports. These reports here always get me revved up and ready to go fishing. I am feeling somewhat better these past few weeks and I am strongly considering a Santee trip in the next few weeks. A one or two dayer max until I know my limits. What are the conditions there as far as flatheads goes? (My favorite fish by the way) Is Moultrie or Marion best this time of year? Also day versus night? Live or cut bait? Still or drifting?
Thanks again and hopefully I'll get to meet some more of you guys in time.
Jonathan
bearfrog1@yahoo.com

#2 ·
Welcome back Johnathan. Glad you are getting around some. I have some eells just dying for you to put them on the hook. Santee either Marion or Moultrie should be good for flatties right now through about the middle of December I would think. I have hears of quite a few of them being caught drifting with live and cut perch.

#3 ·
Yeah, EELS.... My best friends. Ha.
Thanks for the reply. I may take it easy and book a trip with Roundhill. Better than having to pack and haul and load my boat. Unload clean ect... We need to go back to the river again sometime too. I'll bring "******". We can't lose. I might even grow some cajones and bait an eeel myself this time. Who knows.
Thanks again,
Jonathan

#6 ·
I'd love to go back to the river. Maybe sooner than later.
Gotta see my surgeon Thursday. He may lift my "no water sports" "No excessive vibrations" and "no flying" restrictions and I'll be ready. He already told me I could have beer again as of last week. (I kept asking that question to him each week) I was about to die...lol
Anyways, I called Roundhill today. Seems to be a great guy over the phone. Never met him before but he seems to have a reputation here. Thats all I need to judge for myself. I'll let you all know if a trip becomes definitive. And post a report afterwards as usual.
Thanks,
Jonathan

#8 ·
I know a few good spots here on the North Waccamaw above Conway. Our pontoons are too big to get there but a jon boat or carolina skiff would be great. Just gotta find someone who has one. That spot is where my 42lb flathead came from back in 6/2006.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.