Just gettin back

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by rumking, Aug 10, 2008.

1. rumking

rumking New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    My son is now old enough and has the patients for about 2 hours of fishing if Im lucky. We have gone to Branched Oak about eight times this year fishing from the bank and caught two 3-4 lbs. channels. Not sure if Im in the right spot for the time of the uear or not. Any tips would really be appreciated.

Thanks
    Matt
    www.wcp.matt@gmail.com

2. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I think if I was going to bank fish at B O I would try over on the west side by the boat ramp,you can drive right up close to the water and even camp if you want to. There is a fish cleaning station just up the hill too. It's real nice to. I used it just this last weekend !!!! :smile2::smile2: any of the rock jettys should be good also. :0a26:

3. Rapptorman

Rapptorman New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I'd definately say to head to the rocky points. I've seen and caught many fish off the points right behind the marina on the northeast corner. channels seem to bite better on the point across the water from the marina, there's a path to get down there, but it's a bit of a longer walk. Also I've been hearing that in the far northwest areas back in the sticks the blues have started biting really well. My buddy LATNITCATS caught 3 himself in one night between 15 and 25 pounds. All released. Saw the pics just yesterday. Good luck and I hope that helps you land a big one. Remember that the flatheads have to go back, but the blues are legal to keep, if you're not wanting to fight it again that is. OH yeah, live bait seems to be the answer, shad, or goldfish, can be bought right there in Emerald.