Just found out why I don't have a fishin buddy anymore!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by dip, Jul 29, 2006.

1. dip

dip New Member

State:
    stinkin ohio
    billy gee-whiz informed me that his wife has shut him down for the next couple months. a gulf war vet and he don't wear any kind of pants around his house! just got my boat and truck dialed in for a flat attack and i reckon i gotta go it alone. have to amp up my geritol and git my lazy *** in gear!

2. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Sorry to hear that brother, if I was near ohio I'd have to step in and fill his shoes. I do most of my catfishing alone due to my work schedule. Sorry that your fising buddy is on such a short leash.

3. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Where at in Ohio? I live by Cincy and fish the Ohio. Maybe we can meet up sometime and go on a flat attack, your boat or mine :big_smile:

4. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Sorry to hear that Dip. Take 'er easy if you go it alone.

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That sucks Dip, you get around Central Ohio and we can wet a line. I dont need to ask the wife, she is happy to get rid of me. LMAO

6. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    hey Teay ya dont say I find that hard to believe if you talk to her as much as you post she must not here it when you say your leaving shes probably deaf

7. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    When my wife and I got married I sat her down and I told her the way it was going to be, period no ifs, ands or buts. I would make all the major decisions and I would allow her to make all the minor decisions regardless of what it was about. We have lived with this for over 30 years and it has worked beautifully. Sure, I'm still waiting for a major decision to be needed by me and am amazed how for some reason every thing seems to need a minor decision. :big_smile: Seriously, my wife understands my fishing addiction and I think she realizes that I need the time to relax. She has never told me what I could or couldn't do about any thing and that's great. She has her things she loves to do and I wouldn't dream of telling her should couldn't and she does the same for me. Life is good!!

8. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Sorry your fishing buddy is such a wimp. I WEAR THE PANTS IN THIS FAMILY! (She tells me which ones to wear, but I wear them.) LOL

9. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    She watches TV in the other room. All she hears is click, click, click....of the keyboard. LMAO

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Without Billy G catching all the feesh,you now have a chance dpister!:big_smile:

11. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    That has to be in the pre nuptual agreement..:lol:

12. cnwamw

cnwamw New Member

State:
    texas
    just ain't right

13. bill_gfish

bill_gfish New Member

State:
    st. marys, oh
    Dam dip is full of crap!

that is the only truth said so far so let me ad my own.

Wife has to work alot of friday and saturday nights But not usually both. What I told him was the days may be limited. I do have to keep peace in the home so it aint like I can ignore my wife and kids and go every friday and saturday night till winter and expect to have a happy home. You sound like the mellon, lookin for sympathy and rep. points. shame on you. I will say to you like always, when you want to go let me know ahead of time and I will see what is going on. Fishing is supposed to be fun, not filled with pressure from both sides of the bank.

14. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Dip, I know where your coming from on this one. I also lost my fishing buddy. Not sure the reason but my guess would be his wife. It sure does suck not fishing with the one person you've been used to going with you every weekend!!:angry:

15. dip

dip New Member

State:
    stinkin ohio
    WOW! guess mebee i read this one all wrong? so when we was fishin friday nite and whiz sayed i should look for a new pardner cuz he was all booked up for august/sept he meant to say lets fish away?

16. bill_gfish

bill_gfish New Member

State:
    st. marys, oh
    Of all people who can't understand sarcasm. I also said shortly after that she has days written on the fridge that I can't fish, ie; work, weddings and such and that it aint every sat and sun. Besides, I've got a few days of vacation left. when we going?

17. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Townville, South Carolina
    thats alright dip I still feel sorry for ya that he is not devoting 100% of his time to ya. lol

18. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Thats just not right at all, I always get in the last word
    at my house.......yes dear:angry: lol

19. Myname

Myname New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I agree with Flathead Willie and Wolfman, but I don't always say yes. If she asks if I want white beans for supper, I might say "no, I'd rather have pinto beans". If she asks if I'm going to wear those jeans AGAIN, I might say "no, I'll wear my gym shorts today".:lol:

A story I read some time ago: On the first night of their honeymoon, the man tells his new wife to try on his pants - they are much too large, Husband says "Remember that. I'll wear the pants in this family!". His wife hands him a pair of her panties and says try these on - they are much too small. He says "I can't get in them". His wife replies "If you don't change that attitude, you never will get in them!".

Have a nice day.