Just for you all to know a bit about me

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by fishingbuddie, Jul 4, 2007.

1. fishingbuddie

fishingbuddie New Member

State:
    georgia
    just to let you know a bit about me, my name is sandya dn i live in souteast ga as most of you know from my other threads. i am recently seprated from my hubsand of9yr almost 10 he is serveing in the military and we have one son. he gives me 1200 a month and that is it i have called and asked him for a bit more to help here and there and he is having a cow. i dotn get out much now cause i am looking for a job so please help pray i can find a job that will allow me to spend time with my son who lives with me i live with my parents and need to get out more but no money or anything to do that with.dont know anyone down here that is why i was looking for someone to go fishing with. i need the break from being the mom and dad a bit but i need some prayer so please pray and if you have any advice for me i would greatly appreciate it

2. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Keep your head up Sandy:beauty: Good Times will come your way.:0a36::big_smile_2::smile::0a16::0a13::0a32::0a1:

3. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Sandy, if I were closer, we would go fishin.....here's a couple ideas for you to try for a break and making some contacts.....get involved in some kind of local groups (church, crafts, clubs, reading, etc.) find out whats going on in your community. You will not only make friends for yourself but your son will also. Arrange playdates to give yourself a lil time, some churches around here offer a 'MOMS DAY OUT', you may come across something like that. Maybe along the way you will find someone with the same interest who is willin to show ya where some of the good fishin spots are. Don't confine yourself to one thing, spread your wings and get involved. Thats the best way to make friends. The first step is always the hardest but be open minded and dont give up until you have given it your best shot....Good luck

4. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Prayers sent from PA.

5. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Don,t know what rank your husband is but to most enlisted men $1200 is one heck of a big chunk of their pay. Takes two to make or break a marriage. Believe me I know.
    If you are living with your folks seems like $1200 should cover your expenses pretty well.
    I hope things work out for the best for all of you.
    Good luck with your job hunt.

Jerry Childers
    USAF retired
    1st Sgt

6. fishingbuddie

fishingbuddie New Member

State:
    georgia
    it is half his check but i have bills he refuses to pay i have bills i have to help my parents etc. i understand that it takes to but i will not say it was not totally my fault but i am the one who caught him cheating and other things so i am not complainging on that that is over i just asked for prayers and support,

7. fishingbuddie

fishingbuddie New Member

State:
    georgia
    thanks hun i am trying to get involded with other too it is just not working out that way right now. ther eis not a whole lot i like to do tho fishing is the biggest thing i love doing having withdrawls.

8. Texas Wrangler

Texas Wrangler New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Sandy,

I too was in the military and went through a divorce. Military life is hard on familes espically those with low rank as money is always an issue. I stayed single for 6 years and now have been married for 20 years and have 5 children.

Belive me you will go through some struggles but the best advice I can tell you is not to be looking for someone to take care of you and your son becasue more than likely you will make a mistake again. While living at home go get an education and do something for yourself. Several of the trade schools have day care and there are other government programs that will cover the cost of the day care. The best thing you can do for you and your son is to become as self suffient as you can that way you do not have to depend on anyone else. Only in this manner can you truly step back and evaluate a future relationship that is based on true love and not financial support.

Hope this helps and wish you and your son all the best. Just dont short sell yourself......

9. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Sorry for your bad luck, but 50% of ones pay is over twice the mandate. I pay 430 a month and thats it for one child. I have two others in my current marrage and we are stretched tight as a razor, having three car payments, 13k a year in day car, and all the little things that come up. Not trying to pick sides but hes out there fighting for the country on a very small salary and could be killed at any moment at any time this country sees fit to deploy him. 1200 a month is far greater than I would pay even if the court ordered. Outside of daycare it really don't cost that much to raise a child. We pay maybe 30 a week to feed the kids since the eat so little. Clothing generally comes for the family as gifts for birthdays and such. I know we spend far less than 1200. His job is to take car of his child, not your bills. I'm not trying to make you mad but its true. I can honestly say that I hate my ex, but she never asks for more because her life gets harder. And I don't ask to pay less when work gets thin. hold your head up. Life throws us all curve balls, but its not the end of the game. You'll have your chance to swing again. My grandfather always told me when you get to the end of your rope tie a not in it and hang on. Things will work out....

10. fishingbuddie

fishingbuddie New Member

State:
    georgia
    i know this and i am not asking anyone to take care of me i just need to ask for your guys prayers on this matter and where we sperated that is not alot trust me the lawer told me i could get more but i refused to and the bills that i have are from him not mine he had them put in my name nad has left them. but htat is neighter here or there i just need to give you guys some background info to ask you guys to pray for me

11. fishingbuddie

fishingbuddie New Member

State:
    georgia
    trust me i am not looking for anyone to take care of me and my son i have done that for 7 yrs on my own now and dont plan to ask anyone for them to take care of us

12. fishingbuddie

fishingbuddie New Member

State:
    georgia
    oh yeah and this he is fighting for our country not he is in a job that he does the power for everything he is the first on ground to get there when there is like a dissaster and all . i will say i respect the military i was in and so was my father, but i will say this for wha the put me tho and did to me he is lucky that the court did not order more