Just finished a new project

Discussion in 'Jims Woodworking' started by Lynne, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Lynne

Lynne New Member

State:
    Klondike, TX
    I lucked out awhile back. I picked up and old jointer and two electric motors that work really well for five dollars. The jointer is an old Craftsman that's been sitting in a garage for a lot of years. It was dirty and rusty but the bearings seemed okay. I had an old tablesaw stand that I bought many, many years ago that I wasn't using and I had some heavy plywood and some steel angles laying around the shop so I put them to good use. When i finished the stand I cleaned the jointer and painted it. It is only a three and half inch jointer but that's all I need to plane the edges of boards to edge glue for table tops. It works great, I think I will have to invest in soem new knives though. But the jointer and stand I have spent around twenty five dollars all together.

Will post a picture tomorrow.

2. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Lynne, looks like you lucked up great. I would like to see your jointer. We can't wait to see the pictures buddy.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like quite the bargain. Everytime I find something that I think I can bring back to life it backfires on me. Congrats

4. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    That's a sweet deal you stumbled accross. If you had to put in bearings it would still be a bargain. Can't wait to see it.

5. Lynne

Lynne New Member

State:
    Klondike, TX
    Here it is. Remember this has been a scrap material prodject. So it's going to look home built. I dnd't mentin before that I had to make the blade guard also. The old one had been lost years ago.

Attached Files:

6. Lynne

Lynne New Member

State:
    Klondike, TX
    For some reason the pictures didn't come out to good. The paint job looks terrible in the pics but it looks real good in real life.

7. Lynne

Lynne New Member

State:
    Klondike, TX
    I don't know if anyone is reading this yet or not but I did a little research on this jointer. It was made for Craftsman in the early 1950s by Ki8ng Seely Corp. I accidently came across the imformation to start with so I read what was written. I thought that maybe wsome would find it interesting.

8. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    You have the best luck!! Fall in a bucket and come out like a rose!!!
    You've gotta share that luck with us, buddy!!!
    Neat little machine for a woodworker to have.