just curiouse

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by tallmanrus, Sep 21, 2008.

1. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I was wondering with all the different types of catfishermen and women and different methods and setups i was wondering whats your favorite time to hit the river or lakes for the catfishing , Winter , summer , fall , spring

2. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Spring and fall for me.
    Fish are bitin and the weather is mild.

3. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    all

4. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I was raised to believe that spring is best but I am always open to finding out that the way I was taught may have not always been true.

5. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I like to fish both spring and Fall. In winter I try to catch the skips at the Hot water outlet.

6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    I really enjoy all times of the year. There are some favorite times like at night. Then there is the spring feeding an those great fall free for all.

7. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    i like fall and early winter---springtime is for reproduction and the water is usually too high----summertime is just too dang hot

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Late fall / winter and early spring are my favorite times. We seem to catch our bigger fish in late December / January and Febuary.

9. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I know when we were liveing up north we couldnt wait till late fall or early winter to do our fishing . But on the otherhand i loved to icefish also .

10. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    I guess the best thing about catfishing is that you can have success year round, if you know where to fish, how deep to fish, and the specifics of your waters.

11. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    All year long here!!!!! Like Spring and the fall best, because it is not too cold or too hot!

12. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Fishing has been my prozac for some time now...LOL:tounge_out:
    So the best time is in the heat of the summer when my business is busy...I just need at fix at that point....To calm them nerves...ROFL
    seriously though, Early spring til DH starts hunting season. Then I am a deer widow and seems I end up having a full plate of to do's then. I don't mind the heat, never has bothered me but the cold, now Nope Not me...
    Since I couldn't ever Shoot any furbaby Hunting is out for me...
    So When the weather is real cold Sometimes I tend act like a bear...ROFL

13. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    spring,summer,and fall winter time i hunt or fish for waleye and crappie.if i lived close to the arkansas river id fish cats year round.

14. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Let me break that down.......WINTER !!!!!!!:tounge_out::smile2::wink:

15. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Fall and winter for me, although winter doesnt agree with me the older I get, but that to me is the best time to catch the bigguns. Summer I night fish. OK, all year round :smile2::smile2:

16. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Well i dont much hunt anymore and the last time i fished in the dead of winter i was o around 15 and sitting on 18" of ice. but im ready to give it a try this year.

17. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    year around for me in the winter its bank fishing where I can build a fire:roll_eyes:

18. chrisb

chrisb New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    hey man i have to tell you there is no better time then now to fish and that includes fall spring summer and winter but to do it right i think you have to go with friends and family. my favorit time is to go with you and towny but havent sen yall in about a year and a half so i hink as soon as i get back we need to get together and go. well ill talk at ya later ................................................chris:cool2:

19. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    spring and fall is my fave i go at night in sumer to exscape the hot sun winter is just to darn windy hear it never stops blowing so i stay indoors with mama in the winter and dreem of geting the big one lol:cool2:

20. CntryCrazy

CntryCrazy New Member

State:
    Pine Bluff, Arkansas
    Well Robert, anytime you get a chance to go is the best time. But seriously, like the rest of us on here, spring and fall. I love the fall especially the cool nights and cold mornings of October and November when those fingers get numb.