Just curious

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by steveg442, Jul 21, 2007.

1. steveg442

steveg442 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I went to my favorite local lake today. I got up early to get my spot on the bank. Shortly after getting set up I started nailing them. After about an hour this guy pulls up and jumps out of his car and moves to the bank to my left side and set up around 11:00 from my position. After he noticed all the fish I was catching he got up and moved down the bank to an 8:00 position (closer to me) and started to cast into the area where I have been fishing for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. He never crossed one of my lines(good thing) but it was aggrevating to have this guy casting in to the area that I was fishing. It's a good size lake and there was plenty of room for him to fish without envading my space. I guess I was just curious how some of you would have handled the situation. I quickly filled my stringer and left. I'll come back tomorrow and get them again.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Just another skilless coat tail rider. The worlds full of lazy ignorant people.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I know how you feel, unfortunately not all people are nice about fishing on public lakes .I prob. would be in jail ,cause i get pissed at rude peoples behavior ,but I seem to more and more just get pissed and leave. If I go to a spot and someones there already iI just go someplace else . I cant stand crouds,and I'm not very tolerant of tourists cause I like on a state rec area and too many folks take the locals for granted and try to push us around cause they have a bit of money.

4. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree with Richard, Id probably be in jail, I would have atleast said something to the guy. Thats just me. The lakes I fish are public and I dont mind having some company if theres room but dont just come in and start fishing my spot. If I go out and theres someone at my spot most of the time I go to another or sometimes if theres room Ill ask if they want some company. You gotta be respectful though, and it sounds like this guy wasnt. Sounds like you handled it pretty well and good luck to you next time you go out!!

5. HappyDudeSr

HappyDudeSr New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have a real problem with rude people. I have a really short fuse and used to let people know exactly how I felt. Then one day after a quite colorful tirade that included, but was not limited to insulting present, past, and future generations of the "offenders"; my wife helped me realize that I was actually acting worse than the folks I was venting on. That shocked me to the core. Now instead of bouncing insults off thick skulls, I try to strike up a conversation and take the opportunity to learn something from them or share my limited knowledge.

6. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    Well you just have to deal with it or move. I say that because if your on public land no one owns any given spot on the bank. He or she has a right to fish as close to you as they want in such a case and they are not breaking the law. All be it RUDE as hell of them to do this there is not much you can do other then out fish them or leave. I've had it happen to me many time thur the years while bank fishing. This is what I would do when they done that - I'd set out ever rod I had and nail the hell out of the fish. Then get up walk right by them and go to the next person on the bank and offer them some or all of the fish I was catching. Then go back and do it again,talk about pissing them off in return that will get them everytime.

7. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    Im with most of the guys depending on the other person, i dont mind some company so ill strike up a conversation and go from there. maybe he was wanting an invite? the fish are lousy to talk to i can never understand what they are saying, i bet its usually owwch that hurt pleese dont eat me.:smile2:

8. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Fork 'em: Pick-up and leave. Why try and make stink any better by brushing the flies off.

9. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I think that was rude, I think he could have found another spot on the lake.

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ask him if he is planning on going to a funeral after fishing.":oops::byebye:HIS"

11. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i just like to tell people like this that they need to be more careful where they decide to set up and fish. i tell them that i had originally wanted to fish that spot but a 6 foot cotton mouth or rattlesnake run me out of there and has been slithering around that spot all morning. they will pick up and move pretty quick after that. or if they dont get the hint, might as well pack it in.