just curious

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by rjmorris, Mar 2, 2009.

1. rjmorris

rjmorris New Member

State:
    south carolina
    when the rivers start to rise like they are now with all the snow and rain, is that a good time to fish? not sure if the cats care or not, seems like with the river being turn'd up all fish would be feeding.

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    The river is NOT safe to fish right now. Large debris piles are floating down the river. It is very muddy, with treacherous currents. I have fished it in these conditions, and I can honestly say, it ain't worth it.

Bill in SC

3. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    I read an article on South Carolina Game and Fish and they were interviewing a guy that fished the Wateree and Congeree rivers for years and he said if the water is rising he will fish elsewhere. Plus the rivers are wild right now. Drove over the Wateree at 378 bridge today and the river was barely within the banks.

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
  5. rjmorris

rjmorris New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i would be fishing the saulda in the piedmont area, and its rising fast but i can fish it safely and always thought that it would be good fishing when its high. but then again im new to catfishing and that's why i asked in here. everyone here seems to be damn good at catching cats, and knows the tricks. so if your saying its a waste of time, then i shall wait till the river goes back down. thanks again, for everyones help and input. one day ill have to go to the sante, and catch me a trophy cat for my profile pic.

6. Robbie Norton

Robbie Norton New Member

State:
    Florence S.C
    When it's full ther too many logs floating in the river very dangerous.:crazy::roll_eyes: