Just cats

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by fox9988, Apr 19, 2008.

1. fox9988

fox9988 Member

State:
    Lincoln,NW Arkansas
    Name:
    Forrest
    I've been fishing the AR river in OK(webbers falls)a few years now,with juggs and dead shad.I've never caught anything but catfish(not that in complaining).Out of hundreds of fish I would have thought I would have caught-drum,gar,stripper,bass,crappie.Any ideas?

2. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Forest, I would imagine if your running jugs and using dead shad and nothing else, then you won't see very many other sport fish such as bass , strppers, and crappie biting your jug lines. Those sport fish don't usually go after jugs baited with dead shad.
    You might occassionally catch a gar or drum, but not often. If you wish to catch other fish then I would imagine you would need to change your bait and fish with a variety of other baits more appealing to those types of fish. Even using a variety of baits, I have very few and far between ever caught many sport fish off of jugs.
    Just my

3. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Forest, I would imagine if your running jugs and using dead shad and nothing else, then you won't see very many other sport fish such as bass , strppers, and crappie biting your jug lines. Those sport fish don't usually go after jugs baited with dead shad.
    You might occassionally catch a gar or drum, but not often. If you wish to catch other fish then I would imagine you would need to change your bait and fish with a variety of other baits more appealing to those types of fish. Even using a variety of baits, I have very few and far between ever caught many sport fish off of jugs.
    Just my opinion here!

4. fox9988

fox9988 Member

State:
    Lincoln,NW Arkansas
    Name:
    Forrest
    I'm really interested in big flatheads,so I built a perch trap.Trap works great,I'm just waiting for the water to go down & I'll try the live perch.