Just can't seem to find the catfish

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by creekrunnerpca123, Aug 21, 2008.

1. creekrunnerpca123

creekrunnerpca123 New Member

State:
    georgia
    DO YOU BELIEVE ITS BETTER TO FISH DEEP OR SHALLOW WHEN WATER IS IN THE HIGH 80S,MAINLY NIGHT FISHING

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I would give the medium to shallow water a try. The fish will be actively feeding at night and moving up.

Welcome to the BOC this site is full of good info and great people

3. jafacman

jafacman New Member

State:
    byron (macon area)georgia
    The fish are currenty in transition... Learn their patterns and you will discover the anwser on the waters you fish...Have patientents...Be persistent ...and most of all .........FISH :0a23:

4. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Welcome to the BOC creekrunner. I fished the river above West Point Lake the other night for Flatheads and caught five good ones out of a 22 foot deep hole in the middle of the river.

5. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    I caught a pretty good one right in the middle of the river last night too. about 18 ft. I would atleast throw one bait against the bank though...if there is a big fish in shallow water at this time of year he is there for 1 reason.....and it will be aggressive. usually when i get a fish off the bank like that the rod loads up hard....even if it's just a lil 10lber.

6. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Nice avatar you got there Joe. Is that you? :big_smile:

7. jafacman

jafacman New Member

State:
    byron (macon area)georgia
    :cool2: no ...messed up tryin replace with this image ...kinda hopin nobody saw it...lol